Vleaugs

ESCS
« on: October 25, 2016, 05:30:20 am »
How can I discover the model of my escs , it don't have any letter or name or anything else.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mateusz

Re: ESCS
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 09:20:56 am »
Does it have BLHeli on it ? Usually BLheli comes pre-flashed with correct firmware, so you can just connect to ESC over servo and read the settings to determin what firmware it was pre-loaded with. I don't remember how it goes with SimonK though. You can also ask seller, also some photos posted here may help (or may not) :)

Vleaugs

ESCS
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 05:57:50 pm »
Does it have BLHeli on it ? Usually BLheli comes pre-flashed with correct firmware, so you can just connect to ESC over servo and read the settings to determin what firmware it was pre-loaded with. I don't remember how it goes with SimonK though. You can also ask seller, also some photos posted here may help (or may not) :)

I got it from a friend and the esc got nothing write on it :/ only black...
My servo it's emax2300 if i remember

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vleaugs

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2016, 07:28:22 pm »

I got it , its a http://www.emaxmodel.com/multicopter/blheli-series-esc/blheli-series-12a-esc.html thanks :D

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2016, 02:03:02 am »
Go on eBay and buy some heat shrink tubing that is large enough to cover the whole ESC because you need to remove it to see what is inside.

Take the heat shrink covering off.  Determine which CPU type you have, generally Atmel or Silabs.

Google
rapid esc database

There are a lot of entries and links to pictures of the boards.  Check pictures of all the likely (amps, CPU type, etc) candidates for one that matches.

When you test an ESC for the first time after flashing it use an automotive light bulb in series with your lipo.  You should be able to run it at low power.  If not you have possibly flashed the wrong firmware and powering it without the bulb will burn it out.