kennyevo

Re: Inflated (faulty?) lipo battery question!
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2016, 08:49:09 am »
WoW, that SkyRC looks very professional :D

Thanks for the links, I'll buy an accucel-6 :)

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2016, 07:19:31 pm »
Having a cell that shows 0.0v and others that show too high...
Could be a bad lipo, could be a bad lipo alarm, could be a bad wire in the battery balance connector.

Cheap eBay chargers are cheap.  They work, but lately they do not have an internal fan so they will badly overheat if you use the discharge circuit or use the storage circuit to discharge.  Normal charge and charging with the storage function are OK.

$17 shipped, but you will probably need to buy or make the correct connection for your lipos, Deans or XT-60 typically.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/IMAX-B6-2S-3S-4S-6S-3-7V-7-4V-11-1V-Lipo-Ni-MH-LiFe-RC-Battery-Balance-Charger-D-/152183631170

Instead of buying an expensive extra cable, you can probably find an eBay "6s lipo charger" that comes with the connectors you need for a few dollars more.

kennyevo

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2016, 07:46:42 pm »
Currently I have the same charger, it's very slow and the voltage is inaccurate. (it shows different voltage for the battery than the sum of the cells' voltages)

Mateusz

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2016, 07:58:08 pm »
Accucel comes without PSU, so you need one as well (I use one linked).
I started using one of those chargers ~4 years ago and I can't complain. Really happy with both now. They're accurate and have all options I need (also fan for cooling when you need to discharge).

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2016, 11:03:28 pm »
If you have an old PC power supply lying around, they work well.  That is what I use.  The modern version has a pair of wires that run to the PC front panel momentary switch to turn it on, so you do need to short these wires so it is always on.

Google will show you how.

RedSun

• fpv, UAV, RC car lipo battery
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2016, 05:09:34 am »
You'd better be carefully to it, because I don't how about your battery, where is it made in ? If it is a bad battery, it may burning when you are charging it , lipo battery burning is very dangerous. I have a Tattu 1300mAh lipo battery, it is very good,but I always keep carefully to it ,  I advise you should replace a new battery.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 10:18:00 am by f5soh »

« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2016, 05:50:54 am »
I think you'd better to buy a new lipo battery to replace it. This lipo battery is not safe to use. Inflated is a dangerous signal, lipo battery inflated is easy cause oxidation, and then it may Prone to explosion.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 10:17:38 am by f5soh »

jtrout19

« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2016, 06:35:41 am »
I just wanted to chime in here right quick, I have always taken my pack down to 10.1 volts under a load and have never had a problem with them. They have lasted me years. The only reason I ever had a pack die on me is because I left it discharged for a long time but that was only one pack. So thats just my 2 cents. They also have LiHV which a 3 cell nominal voltage is 11.4 instead of 11.1 So a fully charged battery will be at 13.05 and each cell can safely be at 4.35. I use them on my quad and they work great and discharge them down to 3.35v per cell!

« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2016, 02:17:35 am »
If it still works I continue to use it and have never had a fire or even a hot battery since Lipos came out, but that said, you must assume responsibility for it if you do it, whether with a nice battery or a junker.

(Well maybe those old ones that the friends charged up and shot arrows or BBs at...)