Bilal

;)

Hi

so here we go i have a lot of investigation and consideration done the last Time about Prop ballancing.
Belive me they all lie. (the Balllancers)

I come over to ballance my small 5030 Probs on cutterblades they where leved,
to my scrapy magnetic ballancer,
to the Ocday Du Bro copy,
until now i buyed the DuBro Ballancer.
But allways you have the same Problem on the small Propellers,
if you turn your propeller on the shaft and hold the shaft, so as I go allways clockwise 25% turn 4 times allways it gives you an other level on the prop.
If you wanna go crazy ;) ,  turn your Propeller and hold your shaft and turn 1 cone a little to one side and the other to the other.
Do this on your Ballancer and belive me you wanna cry or throw your ballancer out of the window.

So to the next step let us say you have the Ultra Ballancer and your Prob is 100,,00000 % ballanced.
mount it on your motor and turn it on, get the vibs in your finger ?
Ok i know let us also say your motor is 100% Ballnced ;) never - trust me, but ok.
Mount the prop also, and feel the vibs ahh Vibrations ;)#

Ok run away now, no just a joke

So now it come to motion ballancing !
Jeah do it at home and with your laser, after 1 hour with your lasering, everithing is cool on your quad.
Oh men the 250 quads are really small, so how to get the hook on the esc cable ? (for the PWM from the servo tester)
Ok also you can make the other way and motion Ballance your quad with the Laptop or Pc on the flightcontroller Software.
YEEAAAH here we go .
Now we go out and fly, but BAAAAMMM and the 2 Probs are broken.
Go home and ballance again ;) ,) ?? Grab your Laptop ???

No here it is the solution ->  very easy and simple :

We need a mode in the flight controller it self, just for Motion ballancing the probs.
Wich will start and controll the speed of allways just 1 Motor, one after the other or you make it as you like.
So at home or on the field, we can just put the prob on the Quad
and turn the Taranis on and now we check it by the Fingers (ok mobile -i have`t) if you wannt and clockwise Turn the Prop always 15% or 25 % until the vibs are gone  8)

Ok now maybe somebody will say us i allways put my chepo ballanced probs on my quad and everithing is quiet good,
No for me not, as always i hear it when I hoover and fly.  Bsssbrrbsssbrrrrr
Jeah and the bearing also will be happyer with Motion Ballancing.

Maybe the Probs have almost not to be Ballance if they are 80 -90% good from the Manufacturing process. ??

So the next step is, i thing because there you can view the vibrations on the controller (Software in Pc / Laptop)
to send them to the Taranis and show them as a graph.
Yeah this will be real flowing  :o ;D

So i thing the first step is how we can bring the Controller in a mode that it allways just will turn 1 Motor on and start spinning ???
Maybe there has to be a Mod on the Pc Software just for this settings ??

Thanks

Bilal

How we can handle it ????

In Librpilot GCS you can test motors 1 at a time. Think its output tab check the box on bottom and move slider, just remember to set it back.
Shouldn't really bench test with props!!! Make sure your props are centered in your prop adapters! If you got 5mm adapters and 6mm prop hubs you need to take up that space, I use shrink wrap on the threads.
Best bet is to get 6mm prop adapters if you're using 6mm props!

Bilal

Sorry but i guess you never read or understand my tread ?

This kind of post and answers sometime destroy a tread,
because the next one is coming and maybe never read my full message,
just jump forward and read your answer and think everything is cool..

so here we go

you wrote :

In Librpilot GCS you can test motors 1 at a time. Think its output tab check the box on bottom and move slider, just remember to set it back.
Shouldn't really bench test with props!!!

SO here we go what i wrote allready in my first Post ???

;)

Hi

Ok also you can make the other way and motion Ballance your quad with the Laptop or Pc on the flightcontroller Software.
YEEAAAH here we go .
Now we go out and fly, but BAAAAMMM and the 2 Probs are broken.
Go home and ballance again ;) ,) ?? Grab your Laptop ???

So i know as i have written, in my first post, about the possibility on the Pc / Laptop software --> to motion ballance the Prop.
READ my answere   BAAAMMMM and 2 Probs are broken bla bla .

so what we need it the motion ballancing Mode to test every Motor once a time for vibration on the quad it self ..

ON THE FIELD

so how we can handle (programm) a solution

So that would tell me that say motor #1 and #3 have unbalanced props.  It would still not tell me which blade or how much weight to change.  I still need to take the prop off and balance it with a regular balancer?

This does make me wonder if the sensors could watch the prop spin down and stop and know which way the heavy blade is pointing when it stops.  If it could do that, and give you a number that says how extra heavy it is, you could clip a little off and do it again without removing the prop.

With the props I buy, I find that they all need somewhere between a little bit and a lot of balancing.  It would tell me that all 4 need balancing, so I just balance all of them before I use them.  :)

chromvis

I will add my two cents. After effective death of Open Pilot project I spent 6 - 7 month on APM where I had to fight FC vibration. That is where I learn about balancing props. foam mounting FC (Pixhawk FC was supplied with mounting foam specially designed by 3M). After all that I got very frustrated with all these vibration/balancing problems. In January I found Libre Pilot and went back to CC3D/Revolution platform. At first I was still balancing my props and mount FC on the foam, but with the time I experimentally found that it is much better to hard mount FC on the frame and with implementation of autotune I was able to evaluate vibration component.
Here it came very interesting. Once I got extremely high vibrations on perfectly balanced GemFan props (over 500 on both pitch and roll), it was still flyable but only in attitude (forget about position hold etc.). I replaced these props to DAL bullnose (no balancing at all, actually I lately measure - they were unbalanced) and I got vibration below 3.00 - more than 100 times improvement. It all not about balancing but more about aerodynamic properties of the prop.
Lately I am using only DAL props, they are virtually indestructible and I did several autotunes after some heavy crushes when props were severely bended and even chipped - vibration increases. I measured vibration on new and intentively bent props and got pretty much direct dependence between the alteration of prop aerodynamic properties and vibration.
So, I do not think that balancing matters anyhow (at least for 180 - 300 mm copter types), but aerodynamic quality does. 

I have found the hard way that anti-vibration mounts can vibrate and cause worse problems than hard mounting.

If you have a vibration problem and you are using an anti-vibration mount, try without it for a test at least.

chromvis

Same for me. I am not using antivibration mounts any more and with quality props vibration virtually nonexistnt. I tested several different 5" props on copter which originally gave me almost zero vibration with DAL 50x45x3 bullnose. It appears that same type props give essentially the same vibration level independent on their balasnce (completely unbalanced had sme effect as perfectly balanced). Vibration was only dependent on the prop type and manufacturer. So, it may be only related to the aerodynamic profile.