Direction mode in CC3D
« on: October 08, 2016, 05:22:23 pm »
Hi,

I have a CC3D with default configuration (ACRO MODE). I am a totally beginner and when I fly my drone everything is working fine. But I have something I think I would like to change: when I move in my remote controle the roll and pitch sticks to the side of front/back the drone makes the same movement, great! But as soon as I release the remote control (and pitch and roll in my control come back to neutral position) the drone look like is "holding" its direction.

Is there someway that after I release the roll/pitch sticks to neutral position, the drone stops moving completelly holding its current position? I know I dont have GPS nor baro, but I would like my drone to just keep its position as it does when I take off using only throttle.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: Direction mode in CC3D
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2016, 05:37:04 pm »
Using "Acro mode" (do you mean Acro+ ? ) sticks give the rate you want around every axis so the vehicle stop moving when sticks are centered.

Take a look here about stabilization modes:
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Input+Configuration

Difference of AXIS LOCK and RATE?
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2016, 09:22:22 pm »
Hi,

I see that in my flight mode I can choose for my YAW 2 OPTIONS: axis lock or rate. I think I understand rate, so what is axis lock? Axis lock is not like the normal ATITUDE?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2016, 10:41:01 pm »
Post moved

Similar answer:
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Input+Configuration#InputConfiguration-StabilizationModesConfiguration

From the page above:
Axis Lock - Like Rate with more 'locking'. Preferred for Yaw control.

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2016, 12:20:23 am »
In the docs it says this "Axis Lock - Like Rate with more 'locking'. Preferred for Yaw control."

Sorry but to me it's too vague. So if it has more "locking", why shouldnt we use AXIS LOCK to roll and pitch?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2016, 12:45:39 am »
If the doc is too vague, try the code:
https://bitbucket.org/librepilot/librepilot/src/aef6d65b1fc3f38c25317515a8a71acd44831036/flight/modules/Stabilization/innerloop.c?at=next&fileviewer=file-view-default#innerloop.c-300

So is similar to Rate, but small movements are integrated and fed back as negative control input.

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2016, 03:01:46 am »
@f5soh thank you man! I just didnt understand one thing: you said small movements. Small movements from who? From my controller of from the quadcopter (wind blowing in it...)?

You are saying that with AXIS LOCK if I make a small movement in the YAW with my controller (radio) the drone will not make any movement in the YAW axis?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2016, 10:30:23 am »
That vehicle's movements.
Look at Stabilization tab > Expert > Axis Lock settings
Move the mouse above fields and you can see some tooltips.