Krecik

Failsafe trigger not work with ppm encoder
« on: October 04, 2016, 10:35:22 am »
Hi guys,
I have problem with my ppm encoder and failsafe. When I lost signal (or turn off TX) ppm encoder is sending default values with throttle below 900 which should trigger failsafe but it doesnt work. Input alarm is still green in GCS without triggering failsafe.
Without ppm encoder everything is working great.
Could you tell me where can I find failsafe trigger settings like throttle min level or something?

Brian

Re: Failsafe trigger not work with ppm encoder
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 06:38:20 pm »
I think the PPM decoder only goes into failsafe when it stops receiving a PPM signal.  It has no notion of which channel is throttle, so I'm sure it doesn't care about that, and a pulse width of 900uS is a valid pulse.  I suppose an additional failsafe could be added that would kick in if the pulses are below a threshold, but it would be better if your Rx just stopped sending PPM if the signal is lost.

Krecik

Re: Failsafe trigger not work with ppm encoder
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2016, 04:19:01 pm »
That's right and my RX will stop sending signal and additional ppm encoder start sending default signal so failsafe can't work. I was looking for a solution and similar problems was solved for example in cleanflight by minimum signal value, for example throttle threshold as you said.

Well, in this case I will use PWM inputs and maybe librepilot devs will add something like that in the future.