Quad with a CCD3 Revo isn't stable (keeps moving forward)
« on: October 06, 2016, 11:09:30 pm »
Hi all,
I need some help on stabilisation. I've built a quad 250 with a CCD3 Revo controller. Everything works perfectly, which has surprised me as it is my first quad :)
I can manoeuvre it well but when I try to stabilise it (hovering) it moves forward. All the other directions are pretty stable with this exception.
I tried to calibrate countless times the Board level function but it keeps moving forward. I even tried to use the sub trim from the transmitter but it didn't work either.
Any ideas?
Thanks,

startrek66

• F330+Revo
Re: Quad with a CCD3 Revo isn't stable (keeps moving forward)
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 11:25:01 pm »
Hi, check c.g. and prop balance. Don't use trims on radio.

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2016, 08:59:10 pm »
Hi Startrek66,

Thanks for your feedback. I was assuming that the controller would compensate any C.G. deviation. I will try both and reply with results.

Regards,

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2016, 03:23:15 am »
Generally, the controller does completely compensate (in hover, maneuvers can still be a little off) for a CG difference.

Never use the transmitter trims.  Put them back exactly where they were during the transmitter wizard.  If you can't do that then it is best to set the trims to center, and redo the transmitter wizard.  After that, do the following to make it level (no drift) when hovering.

Change Configuration -> Attitude -> Settings -> RotateVirtual to make it motionless when hovering:
  if it is drifting forward you subtract from pitch
  if it is drifting left you subtract from roll
  etc