Unexplained changes
« on: September 30, 2016, 07:44:05 pm »
In the past week or so, I've had a couple of occurrences that have me perplexed:
1. I use both an old Sony laptop and a newer Surface Pro for interfacing with my Revo board.  The Sony on the bench work and the Surface in the field.  The display on the Surface had changed to only showing two windows, while the Sony continues to show the PFD, OP map, System Health, and Model View (screen shots attached).
I've tried reconfiguring the windows on the Surface, but still can't get more than two windows.  How do I restore the original display?
2. After removing the board from the vehicle to put it in the freezer to do thermal calibration, I reinstalled and reconnected everything, but can't get my OPLink connection to work, either with the laptop or the tablet.  Both work OK via the serial cable.  Is there a way to check the operation of the OPLink?
Thanks
John

Re: Unexplained changes
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 07:46:12 pm »
OOPS, the second screenshot didn't attach

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 08:24:27 pm »
Go to File menu > Import / Export GCS Settings and do a Reset. Restart GCS

You should also have a GCS shortcut in Program menu > LibrePilot that allow a clean config

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 10:48:13 pm »
Thanks for the tip.  My GCS screen is restored, but the OPlink mini ground station still doesn't work.  When I plug it in, I get a "connection" tone while the blue LED is on but a disconnect tone when the blue LED goes out and the second red LED illuminates. 
I can't configure it since it's apparently not being detected by the GCS software. 
Suggestions?
John

chromvis

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2016, 01:00:55 am »
Did you install correct firmware on OPlink module? As I remember you should  press UPGRADE and ERASE in the firmware tab and then plug your board within 30 sec. System will start downloading firmware.
 It is also possible to press RESQUE first and also plug the board after, but you will need to have downloaded fw_oplinkmini.opfw file for v.16.09 RC1 which I could not find anywhere. Unless you want to do full compilation by yourself, than you will have all firmwares in ..\build\firmware directory.

hwh

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2016, 01:08:02 am »
His screen captures show he's running 15.09 release.

Still, doing the upgrade and erase as recommended by chromvis is a good idea.  You shouldn't need to download any firmware before doing it.

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2016, 04:55:19 pm »
Still flailing. I tried the Rescue option, downloaded bu_oplinkminiopfw, opened and flashed, but still no link.  The screen id's my board as OPLink, Device ID 301, HW revision 1, Flash access RW, BL version 4, Max code size 102300.  Firmware the same as above, Firmware tag Next, Date 2013-05-28-10:01 Git commit hash f1684453, CRC 3766705501.  One device found.
What am I doing wrong?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2016, 05:06:35 pm »
Firmware tag Next, Date 2013-05-28-10:01

This refers to a bootloader-only flashed board, so no running firmware.

Update the board manually:
- Disconnect OPLink from USB and external power.
- Hit Upgrade&Erase
- Connect OPLink to USB port
- Wait until board remain connected.

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2016, 04:55:40 pm »
Thanks to everybody for their suggestions, but I still can't get my OPLind working.  It worked fine for a couple of months until I disconnected everything from my Revo board, removed it from my vehicle, and froze it to calibrate the thermal sensor.  My process for attempting to get it working again has been:
I've "Upgraded and Erased" several times.  The sequence of events is:
1. Starting Upgrade and Erase with the board unplugged.
2. Plugging it in before it times out, with the Windows connection tones announcing a connection.
3. The upload progress bar shows 100% loading with a second LED on the lower right of the board blinking, followed by the "Rebooting and erasing the board, please wait" message, accompanied by a "disconnect" tone.
4. After about 10 seconds, the "No link" message in the system health box at the upper right changes to "Log replay" flanked by a couple of flashing dots after a few more seconds.
5. After about 45 seconds, the upload progress bar is replaced by a Timed Out message that advises to manually upgrade the board. 
I've checked with Device Manager, and it says the OPLinkMini virtual COM port device is working properly. 
When I try the "Rescue" option on the download screen, it shows the device information, with a "ready" message, but no file loaded.
There is also a "running" message adjacent to the buttons at the top of the left window, and the system rescue instructions on the lower part of the screen states that is has found 1 device.
I'm obviously missing something or my Mini ground station has gone south. 
Is there anything else I can do before I order another OPLink?
Thanks again.