how do you get the 3 flight mode positons
« on: September 28, 2016, 12:37:27 am »
I have a spek dx8,,and when I go on to the control input,there is only 1 showing,,not 3,,new to this,any 1 got a ideal where I am going wrong, >:(

ernstock

Re: how do you get the 3 flight mode positons
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 09:06:15 pm »
Hi
I have an (old) dx8 too.
It seems that sometimes the set up wizard only recognises one , or two positions for switches.
Perseverance ( keep trying ! ) usually gets it working right.
Presume you have switch select correct ?
For a two position switch I've had to change the end (or middle) point on the input page to get it to work ( for a arm switch )

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 12:00:02 pm »
Hi
I have an (old) dx8 too.
It seems that sometimes the set up wizard only recognises one , or two positions for switches.
Perseverance ( keep trying ! ) usually gets it working right.
Presume you have switch select correct ?
For a two position switch I've had to change the end (or middle) point on the input page to get it to work ( for a arm switch )
it I don't get this working,,

am I right 2 say,i can flips,or rolls,but my controls will be very sensitive, if I don't get the switch  2 work  :(

gowen

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 07:00:31 pm »
I haven't got my DX8 with me at the moment but from memory this is what I do to get 3 modes on the flight mode switch.
1. Power off the transmitter.
2. Hold down the scroll wheel and power on.
3. Scroll down to switch setup and select it.
4. Scroll to the Gear option and change it to Inh(inhibit).
5. Scroll to the mode switch and change it to Gear.
6. Work your way out of the menus.
7. Now the flight mode should be controlled by the top left front three position switch.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2016, 11:41:11 pm »
I have the DX8 G2, and having some trouble getting that flight mode on switch B... I tried to follow your instructions, but the GCS still isn't recognizing it in the setup wizard... any help is appreciated

Thanks
Rick

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2016, 11:55:31 pm »
I have the DX8 G2, and having some trouble getting that flight mode on switch B... I tried to follow your instructions, but the GCS still isn't recognizing it in the setup wizard... any help is appreciated

Thanks
Rick

OK, so just after I posted this I figured it out:

1. Systems Set Up
2. F-Mode Setup
3. Scroll to Channel <click> which brings you to Channel Input Config
4. Scroll to GEAR: <click> change to Inh

Unfortunately I have run into a problem now that the GCS does not recognize switch B having 3 positions... any suggestions?

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2016, 04:08:10 am »
FMS setup page has a place to set how many switch positions it has if you don't want to run transmitter wizard again.

Check to make sure it works correctly.

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2016, 04:26:55 am »
FMS setup page has a place to set how many switch positions it has if you don't want to run transmitter wizard again.

Check to make sure it works correctly.

It says 3 modes available... the voice says Mode 1, 2, 3 as I switch through them.  I've the done the wizard several times, and the switch image on the GCS looks all wiggly when I switch between positions 2 & 3 if that helps any.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2016, 06:23:57 am »
Ah, you probably have an endpoint problem.  Set max min neutral for your FlightMode channel on the Configuration -> Input -> RemoteControlInput page or re-run the transmitter wizard.

startrek66

• F330+Revo
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2018, 12:52:21 am »
Hi guys. After years of flying with only two modes I managed to configure my radio spectrum dx6i with the third mode. I found this excellent video that explains how to activate the aux channel. .
after configuring the radio, I had to move the orange flight mode cable from the GEAR position to the AUX position on the receiver.

I still have a question to ask.

What is the use of the cable n.10 that I have not connected?

Regards

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2018, 01:11:05 am »
There are additional FC functions where you want a transmitter switch or knob to control the function:
- arming switch
- autotune adjustments
- TxPID