I may be wrong but in altitude hold it does fine as long as i am hovering in one spot, But when i pitch forward or backwards it drops altitude and if i wait long enough it will gain it back. Should the altitude stay the same when you pitch forward or backwards i have tried messing with every pid for altitude hold and dropped the pitch down to 20 percent thinking maybe i just couldnt pitch that far. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated encase it helps i have a robocat frame with 2400kv tiger motors 5045 props running 3s 2200mah battery. It flys wonderful in every mode i have tried but trying to learn fpv and my biggest problem is maintaining altitude. Please Help

startrek66

• F330+Revo
Re: Altitude hold does not hold altitude when i pitch forward or backwards
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2016, 07:54:54 am »
I may be wrong but in altitude hold it does fine as long as i am hovering in one spot, But when i pitch forward or backwards it drops altitude and if i wait long enough it will gain it back. Should the altitude stay the same when you pitch forward or backwards i have tried messing with every pid for altitude hold and dropped the pitch down to 20 percent thinking maybe i just couldnt pitch that far. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated encase it helps i have a robocat frame with 2400kv tiger motors 5045 props running 3s 2200mah battery. It flys wonderful in every mode i have tried but trying to learn fpv and my biggest problem is maintaining altitude. Please Help
it's normal. During the flight your quadcopter loses altitude and at the same time the barometer will try to restore the initial value . Try different fight mode altitude vario.

Inviato dal mio SM-G800F utilizzando Tapatalk

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 09:30:35 pm »
Ok thank you for clearing that up for me i was hoping there was a flight mode that i could set and stay that far off the ground to get the hang of fpv. The description of cruise control seems to be what i am looking for but i didnt even notice a change when i tried it out so ill just have to try the vario out and just take it slow.

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2016, 04:08:27 am »
Man i put the altitude vario on a flight mode today after work and it works amazing just what i needed. Anyone who hasn't tried it definitely needs to.

startrek66

• F330+Revo
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2016, 08:07:20 am »
Great! I'm glad you found the solution.

Inviato dal mio SM-G800F utilizzando Tapatalk