Brunosanta

• I understand it all but know nothing
I was thinking, we invest much time tuning, trying, building, testing etc, there are some magnificent minds here like f5soh and theothercliff and many others, how close could we built from a karma drone and how cheap?
I mean, we can get that same flying set up from banggood for less then 200. problem is the software and lcd monitor integrated onto  the controller that I am pretty sure somebody here including me, could come up with something, 3d print etc.
Do you guys think it could be interesting to try to make a joint effort to make something cheap and similar, we could call it, #Gopoor Parma - and instead of Karma grip we call it Parma pimp.
Jokes apart, I am trying to think of a plug and unplug gimbal solution for my drone and handheld gimbal ( from banggood obviously) too.

Could we do this kind of chanllenge here in the forum? could we think of sort of selling it to bring funds to the community? those are just questions I d like to count on all to understand better!

Everybody is only optimistic on the social networks.. being real is hard nowadays

hwh

I don't think any of the developers in LP would be interested in doing this.  They're all busy with other things. This isn't an "official" answer because there isn't really any official spokesperson and if there were it probably wouldn't be me.  :)   If any other developer is interested I'm sure they'll post as well.

Strange as it sounds, the project doesn't have any need of funds.  It was deliberately setup that way. The infrastructure (forums, wiki, source repository, etc...) is all free or donated.  I know of several times people have asked how to donate money and been told we don't accept donations.

I don't intend to discourage you and others from doing this, much of the functionality is already in LP.  I haven't read extensively on the karma drone but below are a few thoughts off the top of my head.

Camera gimbal stabilization is already in LP, it has been for a long time.  AFAIK you could take a small FC like a cc3d atom, add one of the small servo gimbals from eBay/BG, etc, and make a standalone handheld stabilizer.  The same gimbal/cc3d plugged into a quad would also fly it in addition to stabilizing the camera.

If you want video display on the transmitter small video displays can be mounted easily.  I have one of the eachine 7" ones clipped onto my transmitter sometimes.

Those are the main features I remember from my quick reading on the karma but I would expect most other ones are also already available.

@marc

• Ask me about LibrePilot2Go on Android.
Hi,

in addition to the (very correct) things hwh pointed out, the new Camera control module for cameras with PWM input (https://bitbucket.org/librepilot/librepilot/pull-requests/309/lp-385_cameracontrol/diff) would provide even more functionality.

The Plug&Unplug for the gimbal and camera could be done via the GoPro mount system (http://i.imgur.com/9hCE7pi.png), which is a defacto standard.

--marc

Mateusz

Strange as it sounds, the project doesn't have any need of funds.  It was deliberately setup that way. The infrastructure (forums, wiki, source repository, etc...) is all free or donated.  I know of several times people have asked how to donate money and been told we don't accept donations.

I personally think the reason why fork happened is because developers couldn't agree in OpenPilot team on practices and future, but it was hard to enforce it on everyone. People that created LibrePilot are some new people + older experienced OP devs that got tired and never liked previous OP regime, they want a completely free project that never needs money to be involved.
That's probably why most devs here would rather stay away from anything that connects event remotely with commercial stuff.

Brunosanta

• I understand it all but know nothing
Good Good Thanks for the answers guys. and Apologies if I somehow offended with my dream thinking.
:)
wish you all a good day!
Everybody is only optimistic on the social networks.. being real is hard nowadays