Setting up revolution for a relay switch
« on: September 10, 2016, 07:29:01 pm »
I have a turnigy remote relay I was going to use to turn the night vision mode on and off on my camera , but can't figure it out. I can either set up Accessory O to channel 10 on my taranis, and set it that way in librepilot. But when I test it with a buzzer, it just hums and the board gets an input error until I disable it. My second option is pushing the channels to the extra ports on my X8R receiver since I'm using SBUS. I bound it with the two jumper so it pushes 9-18 on the servo ports, but still no luck. I I've seen fixes for it, but I cant find it anywhere. Id rather be able to use the extra servo channels for possibly adding more controls, so that would be better for me. But hey, one step at a time, right? LoL! Thank for the help!!!

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: Setting up revolution for a relay switch
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2016, 10:49:51 pm »
You can assign any channel input with a Accessory and next do a mapping Accessory to one output.
Same as lost buzzer:
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Adding+a+buzzer+to+Multirotor+frame

chromvis

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 05:50:21 am »
Make sure that you have common ground of  control side of Turnigy switch and power side of it. It will not work otherwise.

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2016, 10:17:17 am »
You can assign any channel input with a Accessory and next do a mapping Accessory to one output.
Same as lost buzzer:
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Adding+a+buzzer+to+Multirotor+frame

BUt what if i want to use 3 accesories, the cc3d has only 6 output channels.

For example: I want to use a switch for my leds, a switch to flip between cameras, and a knob to control the pitch of the gimbal.
As i see it, the only way is to use PWM, right?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2016, 12:07:53 pm »
The CC3D support up to 10 outputs.
If you are using other input type than PWM, pins are free for output use in receiver port.
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/CC+Hardware+Configuration#CCHardwareConfiguration-ReceiverPort

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2016, 12:54:22 pm »
That is very nice. Thank you for the information.

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2016, 12:42:44 am »
I have tried over and over again and it still wont work. I tried to setup the lost alarm buzzer coming out of channel 6 on my revo board, but still no luck. I am going crazy cause I cant find what I doing wrong!!! :-\

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2016, 01:11:23 am »
Maybe post your config file ?

File > Export UAV settings

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2016, 03:19:31 am »
Here's my UAV file. I want the relay switch on channel 5 on the board, and the buzzer on channel 6.

liftbag

• LibrePilot
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2016, 08:55:32 am »
Here's my UAV file. I want the relay switch on channel 5 on the board, and the buzzer on channel 6.
At least, you have assigned oneshot125 to bank3, and it must be PWM. Also you had bad max limit on output 9.
Please, try the attached settings.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2016, 10:21:36 am »
I don't see a bank issue assuming Jack is using a Revolution board, banks are not the same for CC3D.

The problem is Accessory1 not calibrated, you can fix the min/max/neutral values using the same found in Yaw or simply redo the Tx Wizard or do a manual calibration.

The SBus limits are not the same as PWM input limits.

Here is what you have:

What you should have for Accessory1 :

« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 10:25:35 am by f5soh »

liftbag

• LibrePilot
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2016, 11:05:50 am »
My bad. I thought it was a CC3D.
He have to assign channel5 for relay switch too.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2016, 11:11:25 am »
Or connect the device to output6 :)

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2016, 03:04:02 pm »
Ok. I changed the values, and now the buzzer just puts off a low buzz all the time, and does not react to the switch. I know I'm not setting a value right somewhere, I just cant find it

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2016, 08:21:21 pm »
Im a little closer! lol It now puts off a low buzz constantly, but it does get a little louder with the switch. I know its something simple. Thanks for all the help