« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2016, 06:08:59 pm »
Hi Zano :)

Notifications changed, here is a short explanation :
https://bitbucket.org/librepilot/librepilot/pull-requests/283/

Post moved

Re: Release Candidate - 16.09 RC1 Now available for testing
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2016, 06:26:13 pm »
Hello (sorry for my english),

Is there a tutorial that explain step by step the autotune configuration? I saw the autotune page but seem very difficult. Or is the new release make it easyer?

Thank you in advance

@marc

• Ask me about LibrePilot2Go on Android.
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2016, 06:35:36 pm »
Or is the new release make it easyer?

It will be easier in one of the next RCs and the final release, see here: https://librepilot.atlassian.net/browse/LP-399
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 06:43:18 pm by @marc »

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2016, 06:29:43 am »
Ok thank you.

so just have to wait ;), good.

Tongala

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2016, 08:35:39 am »
Thanks @marc You solved one of my problems of not displaying FDT. But why do you need to use clean config?

cc3D
SK esc's
250  Spedix quad

Also have a couple of other questions. All these before using clean config GCS.
1: went through vehicle setup and chose rapid esc's however when I went back to output tab (after config errors in flight data tab) the update rate was at 50 hz. Changed to 490 hz all ok. why?
2: before using clean config GCS would time out after 5-10 min. Not using full screen. ?
3: could not reload saved vehicle template, lucky for me I saved screen shots. ?

I know they are minor problems.

Thanks to all for the hard work have been using and loving LP for a while and now looking forward to setting up DJI gps on my next build a 450.. Although would like to see info specific to the DJI gps most advice seems to be for  separate connections for mag and gps.

Have not tested yet bad weather.

Thanks

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2016, 11:11:27 am »
Hi,

Wizard Esc issue: I cannot reproduce here, if you select the "Normal Esc" : 50Hz, if you select "Rapid Esc" : PWMSync or PWM-490Hz for PWM input.
Please try to reproduce again and provide a step by step.

GCS time out : i don't understand what do you mean exactly.

Import Template: You cannot reload the template due to the template not found in list or loaded template but not applied ?

All calibration procedure is the same using Naza GPS, the wiring diagram is found in Wizard.

Tongala

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2016, 01:03:29 pm »
Thanks for quick reply.

Regarding esc issues hard to reproduce without going through the whole thing again. I suspect I may have selected normal. I thought all was ok because I could still test motors.

GCS time out: before using clean config the GCS would disconnect from FC every 5-10 min. Would need to close GCS unplug FC then reconnect all.

Saved template before upgrade, after upgrade went to import found in list added and opened file, could not import. Probably something I did wrong.

Thanks for Naza wiring I don't have mine yet it's in the mail. just doing my homework.

When you say diagram is in Wizard where or do you mean wiki? Or does it only show up if REVO connected, my other board is a REVO but thought I would try the release candidate on CC3D first.

Thanks only posting because it may have something to do with the RC 16.09

cheers

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2016, 01:25:41 pm »
Every time you use Vehicle Wizard you can display the connection diagram on Summary page and save it if you want.

Added a template Import/Export page:
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=63668239
Remember a template save only important settings like PID.
You need to redo Radio wizard later or adjust the board rotation if any.
Specific settings are not handled with templates.

Al3x

Where to download Firmware compatible with GCS 16.09 RC1 ?
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2016, 11:20:31 pm »
Hi,
after downloading the GCS 16.09 RC1 I have trouble locating a 16.x firmware download, the application directory also does not contain any *.opfw files, and a all_fw archive for the rescue mode is only availiable for 15.x
Can someone tell me how to obtain the latest FW binarys ?

Thanks,
Alex

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: Where to download Firmware compatible with GCS 16.09 RC1 ?
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2016, 11:29:11 pm »
Hi,

You do not need opfw files, they are already packaged inside GCS.

You should simply use the Upgrade&Erase button.

Post moved

Al3x

« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2016, 11:49:53 pm »
i have trouble with the "normal" Upgrade & Erase process, that never worked out with my Revo (which is probably a chinese clone :-< )
The Bord initially came bricked/blank, and i was forced to unbrick it via Flashloader and after flashing the bl_ only the recovery flash process works well for the fw.
I wasnt planing on debugging that issue since i can flash somehow, as long as i have a opfw file ...not sure how to solve this. Suggestions ?

PS. thank you for moving the post and sorry for choosing the wrong forum.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2016, 11:57:11 pm »
What trouble do you have with Upgrade&Erase ?

Did you try the manual update while you hit the button before connecting the board ?

Al3x

« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2016, 12:06:29 am »
The manual "Upgrade & Erase" worked, i didn't test that combination yet ( Manual Upgrade tested, and Auto "Upgrade&Erase" )
thank you for your fast help, somehow i feel stupid now with such a simple solution  :-)

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2016, 12:12:44 am »
Since the board has at least a  bootloader you can use the "manual" upgrade.
If Revo has already a running firmware the auto reboot and upgrade (hit Upgrade or Upgrade&Erase after the board is connected)  should work as well.

chromvis

« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2016, 01:11:16 am »
I just want to rise concern about R9DS incompatibility with LP firmware. I did some testing and post in another thread: https://forum.librepilot.org/index.php?topic=2167.0.
It is about interpretation of SBus protocol and timing tolerance. R9DS rx work on MissionPlanner with Pixhawk, PixRacer etc.,  but does not work with LP on  Revo, Sparky2.