Eachine 250 racer
« on: August 14, 2016, 11:20:26 pm »
Hi,

I am new to quad copter but have several years of R/C flying. On Friday, I got my Eachine 250 racer delivered. I ordered the ARF version because I have a transmitter and a receiver. I have followed all the instructions and eventually configured my Specktrum 7. After I saved the settings, I disconnected the quad, turned the transmitter off, and turned the transmitter on and plugged in the quad (In Arming settings, I have kept nothing and reduced Arming timeout to 0). Nevertheless, when I turn everything on, I can hear the ESCs make the standard beep sequence and go quiet. When I power up, nothing happens. I can keep the throttle stick to full move all controls on extreme but the quad quietly sits.

Any help would be highly appreciated. I have configured the CC3D using LibrePilot several times now and still nothing.

Thank you

B

Re: Eachine 250 racer
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2016, 11:40:59 pm »
Running the transmitter wizard sets it to always unarmed. You have to tell it how you want to arm (either a stick command or a switch)
5" alien 4s 596grams with battery and GoPro FPV
Lantian LT210 4s 604grams with batt and GoPro FPV
GE X220 4s 6" 513grams with batt and HD cam FPV
Homemade acro X copter. 6" 4s - like a warpquad LOS

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2016, 11:55:30 pm »
Ive been known to give unhelpful advice, but maybe this time will be different.

Im assuming your quad flight controller has been setup using librepilot.  Im also assuming the quad isnt arming, so the rest of my post is about that.

If the quad is not armed, it will not react to any transmitter input.  Its a safety thing as its very easy to accidently bump the throttle while the transmitter is on the ground, causing the propellers to spin when you arent expecting them to.

Your arming setting needs to be set to some input (such as yaw right). When throttle is at 0 and you do that input, it will arm and then react to input. When you let it set idle for the timeout period, it will disarm.  You can manually disarm it by having it idle and doing the opposite input as your arm input (e.g. yaw left).

If you attach the flight controller to your pc, remove the propellers, and attach the battery, you can see if the controller is able to be armed. If you arm it, your pc should say "armed" so you know it has armed itself.

If it doesnt arm, it may be in a failsafe mode. I had this happen when the wire connecting the aux channel from the reciever to the flight controller was damaged.  The controller noticed the problem and went into failsafe and refused to arm itself.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2016, 12:22:27 am »
Hey Guys,

Thanks for the advise, that is precisely what I was doing wrong. I kept right yaw, saved and gave it a go and had the Eureka moment but seems like batteries are too drained to lift it up much. Once again, appreciate the input.

Regards,

B

hwh

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2016, 02:22:53 am »
I deleted a post here by crof2003 that somehow was infected by malware.  It linked to an amazon page but popped two new tabs for each one you tried to close. Below the link has been cleaned.

The post was:

More half-good advice: I've heard that you shouldn't let let lipo batteries run too low or they may get damaged.

I use this device: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003Y6E6IE

It attaches to the balance charger cable from the battery and alarms when the battery power is too low to continue safely flying. Protects the battery, but annoys the neighbors...but i like my lipos more than my neighbors ;)

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2016, 02:49:56 am »
Thats odd, but thanks for catching it

hwh

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2016, 02:57:23 am »
I don't know what was wrong with the link, it was very strange.  If it had been your first post I'd have thought it was you but since you've made normal, helpful posts before I figured it was just a bad link you copied.

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2016, 09:27:05 pm »
I have just received my Eachine 250 racer.  The Flight Control Board installed is the "Racing F3 Acro 6DOF Flight Controller STM32F303"  My question simply is which is the best configuration software to use with this controller.  Always had CC3D's in the passed.  Any help would be appreciated.

hwh

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2016, 08:17:46 am »
Currently you have no real choice, that's a Cleanflight board.  It's a Chinese clone of their SP Racing F3.

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2016, 08:54:36 pm »
Thank you hwh.  I will give that a try.
Regards