Question about Always Stabilize When Armed
« on: September 07, 2016, 07:43:44 am »
Should i disable Zero the integral when throttle is low when using Always Stabilized When Armed?  Seems to me it would make sense to disable it,  so that i retain angle hold during maneuvers??? Can someone please advise?  Thanks,  Jeff.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 07:50:33 am by RC30Flyer »

Zniggurat

• Sant'Ilario! °L°
    • B.F.C.T. YouTube Channel
Re: Question about Always Stabilize When Armed
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 10:32:18 am »
Following, I would like to know as well.
Barely Flying Club Trento pilot

liftbag

• LibrePilot
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2016, 11:39:00 am »
Should i disable Zero the integral when throttle is low when using Always Stabilized When Armed?  Seems to me it would make sense to disable it,  so that i retain angle hold during maneuvers??? Can someone please advise?  Thanks,  Jeff.
Have to try to disable and see what happens, becouse I never turned off zero integral for low throttle and my quads retain angle hold during maneuvers with ASWA enabled.

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2016, 07:16:47 am »
Funny you say that it holds with zero integral when throttle is low is checked... because mine doesn't.  On big air maneuvers while descending and no input being given, like nose pointed down and just falling with zero throttle,  mine starts to wander about.  I haven't tried it yet with it unchecked, but i will this weekend and report back.

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2016, 03:10:03 pm »
If i try to take off without "zero integral when throttle is low" its nearly impossible. Even if i try to take off as fast as possible ;-), but maybe because my copter is too heavy.

But i got the same question, because i think i need "always stabilzed when armed" for switching to GPS Assist mode and back. And also set "zero integral when throttle is low" to off. Otherwise it seems that my copter turn off engines when changing flightmode and is not stabilizing anymore for about a second...
Hardware: F450 Frame--Revolution Board--EMax 2213-935kv--BullTec 30A Opto--5000mAh 3S 30C LiPo--NEO M8N GPS+MAG--Fr Sky Taranis Plus + OPLink Mini
Addon: sj5000x + two axis gimbal + minimosd + eachine VT + easycap
Software: Black Rhino, LP2GO

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2017, 04:53:58 am »
Can anyone help specify something for me and maybe help?? Can you still arm your copter with the regular arm method and then switch the ASWA on with an accessory switch once you're in flight so that it is not enabled when you arm? I thought that was the point of the update but when I set it up like that and arm normally and not with the switch I set the ASWA too and the copter started idling when I armed it and I couldn't get it off the ground it would just flip over. So it was acting like it was enabled even though my switch was off that it was set to. I am a total NOOB so I could have done something else wrong but everything looks right. Oh and I start to smell an electrical burning smell also anytime I arm with the option "Motors spin at neutral output when armed and throttle below zero" also when the motors startup when armed.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 05:39:01 am by GMAN5000 »

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2017, 08:12:43 am »
You get the smell even if you don't run the motors up to flight speed?

That should be the number 1 thing to fix before anything else if you haven't already burned something...  :(