chromvis

Re: Problem with INS13
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2016, 05:00:25 am »
In INS13 mode NEXT will only work if you calibrate your mag using workaround procedure. I tested different builds and 3 different quads with Revo and Sparky2 - nothing work unless you calibrate with workaround suggested by TheOtherCliff.
In your video I could not see orientation bars on the right, but your Aux.Mag.Orientation settings are all 0 - in most cases Pitch should be 180 (you are right) but not always. I depends on atual orientation of magnetometer chip on your GPS board. Find actual numbers is a bit tricky. You set number, click SAVE, than wait 10 - 15 sec and may even rotate your quad to see if bars on the right stay close to 0. If not - your numbers are wrong. You should do it away from any metal parts. (In your video it looks like you have folding table, if it has metal frame or enforcement bars - your calibration won't work. Same for folding chair.)

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2016, 03:55:35 pm »
In INS13 mode NEXT will only work if you calibrate your mag using workaround procedure. I tested different builds and 3 different quads with Revo and Sparky2 - nothing work unless you calibrate with workaround suggested by TheOtherCliff.
In your video I could not see orientation bars on the right, but your Aux.Mag.Orientation settings are all 0 - in most cases Pitch should be 180 (you are right) but not always. I depends on atual orientation of magnetometer chip on your GPS board. Find actual numbers is a bit tricky. You set number, click SAVE, than wait 10 - 15 sec and may even rotate your quad to see if bars on the right stay close to 0. If not - your numbers are wrong. You should do it away from any metal parts. (In your video it looks like you have folding table, if it has metal frame or enforcement bars - your calibration won't work. Same for folding chair.)

The bench is made out of wood, it has some metal screws. The MAG orientation is correct if not in INS13, if i look at the MAP and point it north, it goes north.

The hurricane has settled down, I will calibrate, test it and post the results.

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2016, 11:13:49 pm »
Hello,

I did the auxMAG calibration with the workaround, flipped 180º and it worked. I did try PositionHold and it did a fair job for the wind that existed.

The second time I tried to calibrate with the workaround I failed several times, I don't know what i did different and never had a successful caliration. By the end it started to do something that it sometimes does that the percentage bar goes really slow in steps of 20%.

So I would like to ask "f5soh" if he could explain the workarround in a more detailed step-by-step version, this would really be important to not miss this step.

What I did was place the quad in position for the first step, open the lower "System" tab, drop down the "Data Objects" and press the "AuxMagSensor" so I can press the .

After that I go back and press "Start" on the Mag Calibration page, go back to , after that I press "Save Position", again .... Until the end. When the green text apears i press , and "Save" on the Sensor calibration page, and .

I've tried a buch of different ways on the second try but never did it, even took the 180º Pitch away and redid it again.

Again, I was successful on the first try, but never could do it again.

"f5soh" please give us a step-by-step version.

Thanks

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2016, 11:33:29 pm »
https://forum.librepilot.org/index.php?topic=2187.msg15708#msg15708

The AuxMag orientation settings doesn't matter while calibrating

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2016, 12:18:45 am »
https://forum.librepilot.org/index.php?topic=2187.msg15708#msg15708

The AuxMag orientation settings doesn't matter while calibrating

Thanks for the fast response f5soh,  but I already read that before the calibration and was unable to do the process.

Can you detail or more?

Thanks

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2016, 12:42:16 am »
You can also manually reset the scale values to 1 and bias values to 0 before start the calibration.

You should wait the fix if you are not able to use the workaround.

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2016, 02:32:31 am »
You can also manually reset the scale values to 1 and bias values to 0 before start the calibration.

You should wait the fix if you are not able to use the workaround.

Hello f5soh,

I have no idea of what you are talking about.

To use the I need to  first select something from "Settings" or "Data Objects", what do I select?

Do I press in the END  of the calibration or between each position?

I'm not shure I can wait for the fix, can only fly for another 2 days, only will be able to fly again next summer after that.

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2016, 05:29:47 pm »
I did a manual set to on the auxMAG to auxmagsettings.mag_bias to 0,0,0 and auxmagsettings.mag_transform to 1,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1 ->

Normal calibration and it worked.

Today the wind was more calm but the PositionHold set the drone drifting to the side. I am done for this year, I hope that in 8 months there will be a better version of the GCS and a way to calibrate the MAG's on the spot without the GCS.

Thanks for everything!

chromvis

« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2016, 07:20:57 am »
You need to set AuxMag Bias to 0 in all axis and aux mag_transform to 1 on r0c0, r1c1 and r2c2 in system tab.
save it and start workaround calibration.