CC3D Version for GPS Home & Loiter Modes
« on: August 24, 2016, 10:06:46 pm »
Howdy,

Which version of the CC3D board would you suggest for GPS home & loiter modes on a flying wing?

Also a secondary question, I'm assuming that librepilot + the CC3D is capable of this!

Many thanks,

Matt

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: CC3D Version for GPS Home & Loiter Modes
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 10:31:39 pm »
Hi, welcome.

The CC3D board do not support any GPS assistance.
Only Revo, RevoNano or Sparky2 can do that.
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Supported+Hardware

Assuming that Revo and CC3D are two different boards and "Revo" is only a Chinese name.

gke

• Retired EE&CSE Professor
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2016, 07:22:20 am »
Howdy,

Which version of the CC3D board would you suggest for GPS home & loiter modes on a flying wing?

Also a secondary question, I'm assuming that librepilot + the CC3D is capable of this!

Many thanks,

Matt

While this not supported by Libre it is possible to do. See my RTB/Nav post below on the Fixed Wing thread.  All the code is there if Someone wants to integrate it into Libre as an option. I just did it as a challenge.

Greg

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2016, 09:48:58 pm »
Matt do you have a how to video on the way?   I just got done with your naze32 vs pixhawk set and liked it.    I happen to have both a cc3d mini and an original revo with gps that I am planning to put on a flying wing.    I subscribed to your channel but hadn't gone through all your stuff yet sorry if you have already done the video,  I will get to is eventually. 

I set up the cc3d mini just for self level and had an issue where when you would make a dramatic change to the wing (in the air or in my hand) like nose up or down fast the servo's and motor wouldn't respond for a moment and then would come back on line.   Almost like a loose connection but when I pulled the cc3d out and put just a standard receiver in the issue was gone.   I hadn't researched it much and hadn't troubleshot it much yet.

sorry to go off topic all of that to say I liked your other video Matt and am looking to eventually do the loiter and return to home and appreciate viewing what other people have done.   I am a quad guy until recently when I got to try a plane and decided it was awesome and now I have purchased several wings and looking forward to some nice fall weather.