Spx

Step by step setup
« on: October 29, 2015, 01:04:29 pm »
Dear friends,
Recently I brought OpenPiolot Revolution Flight Controller + Oplink + M8N GPS + Distribution Bord (http://www.banggood.com/OpenPiolot-CC3D-Revolution-Flight-Controller-Oplink-M8N-GPS-Distribution-Board-p-1000084.html) from Banggood and I am trying to assemble my RCX H250CF PRO 3K with it.
Unfortunately I am unable to arm quad when GPS is on, find any kind of step by step tutorial (for Dummies  ) how to do it, nor any kind of advices for beginners. It’s all general or super-sophisticated stuff (and I am 50years old noob (medical doctor) who want plug and play things).
Does anybody knows where I can find simple answers to this?
Kindest regards,
Spx

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: Step by step setup
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 04:49:34 pm »
Welcome Spx,

If you want to know why you can't arm, check first the SystemHealth widget and see also this page :
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/SystemHealth

Can be various reasons for that but always for your safety.

Maybe you can post your config file and we can check whats wrong.
File > Export UAV settings...

Laurent

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 11:47:23 pm »
Have you fixed this issue yet?
I had a similar problem and so have many others. It seems to be almost the default occurrence when something in LP is setup wrong. My issue was that when I saved my Transmitter setup to the board just after choosing what command would arm my CC3D, I had my throttle stick down. This is a habit I have from years of flying models. This caused an issue with the arming procedure. I fixed it by redoing Tranmitter Wizard and being sure to center my throttle stick before I saved to board after choosing my arming command.
Hope this helps

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2015, 12:03:12 am »
I fixed it by redoing Tranmitter Wizard and being sure to center my throttle stick before I saved to board after choosing my arming command.

Looks very strange, the Throttle input channel is the one that do not take in account the middle position and apply a 4% value from the whole Throttle range for neutral value setup.

If you can reproduce the issue, i'm interested for a config file and look on it.
Thanks

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2015, 06:44:18 pm »
Indeed it is the default that it won't arm if something is set up wrong.  :)  That is the last line of defence against someone getting hurt.

There is a set of LED colors that tell you the FC status.

I made a tracking to ask for more specific LED codes to pinpoint why it won't arm while you are trying to arm.