Re: My first quad! Stability problems
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2016, 07:19:04 am »
Thank you, Cliff.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2016, 10:08:10 am »
So I received my new motor and arm and replaced them.

First I took my time to balance motors, props (blades + hubs_

Then I did set all settings to default like Cliff said, I tried to hover the quad, it was drifting and i could't make it hover, so i flattened the throttle curve and corrected the drifting from rotate virtual, like Cliff said. After I've done that I was surprised to see my quad was very stable.
All it took was good prop+motor balancing and rotate virtual.

Today I am going to play a bit with the PIDs cause it feels a little loose... but much better than before. Than I will try tuning alt hold.

Next step is to add GPS and camera.

Thanks for all the help guys!!

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2016, 09:23:50 am »
Any suggestion with the gps? After some reading on the forum, i decided to go with the dji naza gps. Is this the best choice?

hwh

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2016, 04:48:52 pm »
Yes.  You just need to remember to order some of the 4 pin JST-SH connectors with cable attached to replace the connector with one that fits the flight controller.

Ones similar to http://www.ebay.com/itm/Micro-JST-SH-1-0mm-4-Pin-Femal-cable-with-Male-Connector-x-20-sets-/151991706931?hash=item2363696533:g:53sAAOSwaZdXHxd8

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2016, 10:32:15 pm »
I see, thank you very much!

About my stabilisation progress, I am still on default PIDs, if use easytune I can't tell if its ok or not.
I tried tuning P gain to roll and pitch i set min to 150 and max to 450 (now i have at 300),
 but same story i go min and max and i can't really tell the difference. (should i increase max and min?)
The bigest problem with tuning is that this is my first drone, i don't know how it should look like.

I just had a flight session after work, and i attached a GoPro to the quad.

I think there is too much vibration, i have the props well balanced,
but am thinking i may unbalanced the motors with my android phone app.
cause i see lots of ppl saying that sunnysky dosen`t need balanceing, i think i will remove the tape and see the difference.
Here is the viedo, maybe you guys can tell me what s your opinion.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 11:24:52 pm by gionibravo »

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2016, 09:23:02 am »
I rebalanced my props and i tighten all the screws especially the ones from the motors. And now i have no jello effect on the video.

I increased the maximum values on the txpid, and now i can see oscillations when the p is too high, i will spend more time with the PIDs until i get it right.