LibrePilot, Taranis Plus and the Transmitter Setup Wizard
« on: August 20, 2016, 02:05:45 pm »
Guys

Built a 250 Quad and using a CC3D FC, of course using LibrePilot. I set it up as a basic Quad with no FPV gear. It flew great and quite happy with it. Today I installed all the FPV gear and now revisiting the wizards.

I had to turn my FC 180 degrees which now accesses the USB port from the RHS, the reason for doing it was to make more room at the back of the quad for OrangeRx Rx and VTX. The ESC connectors now face forward and sit behind the cam.

When setting up the quad, the vehicle wizard is 90% ok but my motors do not spin up at the same time. Having previous experience of this and no real ill-effects to the flying characteristics before installing the FPV. Also my motors are jittery when power is applied. I tried synchronizing my ESC but it made no difference. I am using BLHeli One Shot 125 ESC's.

Biggest problem is the Transmitter Wizard. I am using a Taranis Plus, an OrangeRX Module and R615X Rx using PPM protocol. I'm using an old desktop running Windows 7 with 2Gb of RAM. Each time I go thru the wizard, the channel mappings are all incorrect. The only way to get round this is to go back to the beginning and try again until it works perfectly, which has taken up to 45 minutes before! Also, the throttle recognition does not register most of the time and the Flight Mode switch recognition has never worked. I have only one flight mode, the default one. I can NEVER get the wizard to work first time and it is driving me insane!

Has anybody had similar experiences with this problem and what's the solution? Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Etops
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 02:56:58 am by etopsflight »

Mateusz

Re: LibrePilot, Taranis Plus and the Transmitter Setup Wizard
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2016, 03:44:24 pm »
I am using Taranis X9D+ and as far as I know, for flight mode you need to map specific buttons/switched/knobs to output on channels you want before Taranis uses them to send anything to FC.
Maybe that's why it's never detected ? If stick does not get detect just go backward and forward.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2016, 06:52:13 pm »
Hi,

Usual issues with transmitter wizard comes from transmitter that has some channels with jitter and are wrongly detected as the current stick you should move when asked.

For debug purposes you can monitor the inputs, without starting the Tx wizard.
Go to the System tab > UAVOBrowser and search for ReceiverActivity in Data side.
Try monitoring / debug the receiver activity moving one stick/switch at once.
You should see if some channels has jitter.

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2016, 01:25:45 am »
Mateusz

Thanks for the advice, rookie mistake thinking that the wizard and transmitter would sense the switch. I designated the flight mode switch as Switch 'G''and that solved that problem.

f5soh

Hi again, long time no chat. You've help me somewhat in the past. I've tried the wizard again from start due to the flight mode switch problem and it seemed to work almost first time even though the throttle and roll channels were reversed. No biggie as i went in to the relevant menu and reversed them.

Here's my snip of the  receiver activity below, don't know what it all means!

Finally got the FPV gear installed and the Quad seems to me working fine with no props indoors but it's pouring it outside! Had major thunder storms overnight. Flying wise, today looks like a wash out! good day to build and tinker with models though!

Cheers
Etops

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2016, 01:52:51 am »
Without stick activity the ReceiverActivity show nothing... looks normal :)

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2016, 02:58:32 am »
f5soh

thanks again!

Etops