Belko

Power Loss
« on: August 18, 2016, 10:11:07 am »
Hello, I don't know if its a LiprePilot issue, but I will explain my case:

I have a Taranis X9D with a D4R-II receiver.
The flight Controller is a CC3D Atom.
I'm using FlexiPort as PPM input (My Atom board does not receive signal in PIN8 on the MainPort)

After some flights, the drone starts losing power with fully-charged LiPos.
Testing in LibrePilot GCS, the motors seems to maintain stable at max rpm.
Arming the drone with the Taranis and pulling throttle stick to the max. it starts at max. rpm (like the LibrePilot test) but losing gradually RPM's on all the motors (I don't have oscilloscope to check if the radio signal changes)

Please, check this video (with sound): https://vid.me/eczC

I have checked the throttle stick graph in the Taranis and it moves from -100 to +100 proportionally.

I've always had a dead zone on my radio (motors starts spinning at 30% throttle) but I don't know if can be related. I have created a new model with same result.

I did this question in OpenTX GitHub Forum and they said that if the graph on the radio moves from -100 to +100 is not a Radio issue.

Any thoughts about this or someone with a similar issue?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: Power Loss
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 11:36:40 am »
While you ask for full throttle and frame do not move, the stabilization is working.
This means he try to correct error and actuator module do an automatic scaling to allow stabilization.

Check the Throttle curve in Vehicle tab, should be max 100%, not 90%

Belko

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 12:56:18 pm »
Hi f5soh,

The power loss occurs in flight too. I noticed this firstly while flying.

At maximum throttle I'm not able to fly at higher altitudes than half a meter
This happens with any stabilization mode. The last with which I could fly was "Rate - Rate - Rate - Manual", but now even with this mode I can't increase altitude at max throttle.

I'll check the throttle curve in vehicle tab , I'm sure is set to 90% (default) but until I had this probem was at 90% flying well.

Will try. Thank you

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 01:23:36 pm »
You may redo the Esc calibration, motors should not start at 30% Throttle.

Anyways throttle curve is 100% default, if you see 90% this value comes from a saved configuration or template.

Belko

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2016, 03:42:52 pm »
If the motors should start at minimum throttle stick movement, something is wrong and I don't know what it is.
I have calibrated ESCs more than 20 times and always needed to push up the throttle to 30% while not reach this, the motors does not start spinning.

Edit:  After move the output graphic to 0.00 - 0.25 - 0.50 - 0.75 and 1.00 seems that motors start spinning at low throttle. (not at least 30%)