Falls out of the sky during a flip
« on: August 07, 2016, 10:41:10 pm »
I have a brand new CC3d, just rebuilt my 250. Today went out to fly it and sometimes it flips and rolls fine and most times (especially after doing it for a while) as soon as it gets inverted I loose complete control and it just falls out of the sky. I'm thinking a bad connection in wiring somewhere but I dont see anything loose..... Wondering if anyone else has had this issue before?

Re: Falls out of the sky during a flip
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2016, 11:50:25 pm »
Im thinking a bad gyro maybe because its starts like a flat spin when it inverts. Seems to not do it as bad if I leave the throttle constant as I roll or flip.

ernstock

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 07:05:14 pm »
Hi
Maybe worth investigating
Always-stabilise-when-armed
and
Motors-spin-at-neutral

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2016, 07:51:42 pm »
Thanks for the thought. I tried both of those. After messing with it all morning, converted it to Cleanflight and then back to Librepilot then I think I found the problem. I found a fractured antenna wire. I soldered two new Antena wires on, reprogrammed it and it seems to be working. Did a couple flips without a problem but it's raining so I couldn't do much. I believe that was the issue though and as I flipped upside down it would loose signal and go failsafe.

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2016, 08:56:28 pm »
Ok so new rx and it still falls out of the sky when it flips or rolls. It's like it's loosing orientation or possibly dropping a motor maybe. Seems like if it was loosing "a" motor that the other motors would freak out and over Rev trying to correct itself. It does this in rate mode and in raftitude so I don't think it's a mode issue. I'm guessing I just got a bad cc3d unless someone else has a suggestion? Last thing I'm going to try before replacing the board is lowering my rates as I have them all the way up with 30%expo. FYI, I got this cc3d from hobbyking. I don't know why I order stuff from them, it seems like most of the stuff they sell is junk with a 30day only. I don't always use everything right away!

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2016, 11:08:44 am »
A common problem is battery, PDB, ESC, motor connector soldering.  For me that has been motor bullet connectors mostly.  If just one bullet connector is badly soldered (I have seen several that came that way), all motors will drop out because the dead motor is asked to spin faster and faster and all others slower and slower.  Give a good pull on each wire to see if you can pull it out of the connector.