cc3d issue or build issue
« on: August 06, 2016, 08:35:08 pm »
Hi. Very frustrated but not giving up. So I have the arris 250 and I have upgraded and gone through the setting up for the cc3d. I have a spectrum dx9 with ar6210 setup.

The issue I am having is when the props are off and I spool the motors everything sound fine through the entire throttle range. with the props on the motors will spins to about 20% then the whole quad just jumps around like a jumping been while I quickly throttle off. I have tried a number different reboots and all the same. tried adjusting the pid's and still the same thing. the quad just cannot get off the ground.

I have been doing some reading and will go do the esc calibration the long way and not though the wizard. I do have another cc3d on order just in case.

Does anyone have any experience seeing this behavior and any idea what to do. Thanks.

Re: cc3d issue or build issue
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2016, 10:28:22 pm »
I do not have experience with this so hopefully someone with better advice will jump in, but since no one else has yet...

Also, I'm not quite clear what a quad jumping around like a bean looks like (sounds fun though! :) ), so I'll guess its wobbling a lot before it gets off the ground and it probably close to flipping and would likely flip if given more power.

Hopefully these aren't too obvious of ideas - if they sound insulting, I promise its just that I'm trying to help!

• First, I'd make sure your motors are in the correct spots and are rotating the correct directions.  You can see the setup diagram in LibrePilot by going to Configuration > Vehicle.  I know the Vehicle Setup Wizard should have you go through spinning each motor independently so that's a good chance to make sure each motor is installed in the correct place and is spinning in the right direction.  Motor 1 must be in the location its shown in the diagram and spinning in that direction - as well as motor 2, 3, and 4.  I've seen people put a piece of tape around the motor shaft like a little flag so its easier to see which direction its spinning.  If they are spinning the incorrect direction, depending on the motor you can reverse the polarity of the positive/negative or if they are specific CW/CCW motor sets you'll have to physically move them to their correct places.  Follow the motor
  • Also make sure that the CW props are on the CW motors and the CCW props are on the CCW motors.
  • Next, make sure the CC3D is facing the right way.  If its facing backwards from what its expecting, it'll certainly have issues being stable.

After those basic things have been checked....then we get into things like "do the motors sound like they are speeding/up down erratically?" or are there other details that you can give to help?  Strange sounds?

Again, hopefully someone with more experience comes along with better ideas :)

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2016, 07:41:22 pm »
thanks for reply. Yes I did verify the motors are spinning the right direction and in the correct order. With the props off I can throttle all the motors full and they sound fine.

What I did notice is that when I pick up the quad and jiggle it around the different motors react to that. That is what is happening with the props on and on the floor. As if the controller is too sensitive and trying to adjust to some unknown force.

Not sure if the controller is bad or some setting is way off. I did not go through the libre menus to make any changes.

Oulala69

• DIY 450 mini revo AIRGEAR 350 NEO-8N GCS 16.09-RC2
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2016, 11:15:39 am »
Hi there, first sorry for my english...just a french guy here.

So, it seems to be a typical vibrations problem, check your config. and to be sure add filtering

configuration->settings-> in filtering accelerometrers, try 0,25 or 0,3 if it fly OK, you must try to reduce vibrations
and then reduce the filtering value.

If it is does not fly, sorry i have no idea

Belko

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2016, 09:37:07 am »
Hi liftforward,

Very similar issue here. Try to look at your at your Flight Data Tab while spinning with propellers (fixing the frame to the ground) and without it.
If the graphic rotate to a side with the propellers while increasing throttle and not without it, seems a motor vibration issue.

Yo can try without the propellers, push throttle and touch the shafts. There are at least one motor that vibrate more than the others?
Seems like CC3D (at least my Atom) is very sensitive to vibrations.

I can fly going to /Input/Flight Mode Switch Settings tab/ and modifying "Stabilization Modes Configuration" to "Rate" but the quad behavior is like acro mode, so be careful.

Hope it helps

« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 09:47:22 am by Belko »

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2016, 10:56:05 am »
If you haven't got it working yet, a video of the jumping around would probably help us figure out what the problem is.