al

GCS minor issue (save flag)
« on: October 25, 2015, 11:04:28 am »
Don't know if this is the best category to post this, just updated to 15.09, trying to get my
flybar-based heli work again.

Noted a small issue:
Leaving the custom vehicle dialog always warns me to save settings, even if nothing was changed.

Best regards,

Andre

Re: GCS minor issue (save flag)
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2015, 07:35:11 am »
I'm not a GCS programmer, but it may be that simply entering the custom vehicle setup has changed the vehicle from e.g. XQuad to Custom.

One way to debug this would be to export settings to 1.uav, enter the custom dialog, leave the custom dialog, save settings, export settings to 2.uav, compare 1.uav to 2.uav.  If there truly is no difference, it should probably be considered a bug.

m_thread

• GCS is my home
    • LibrePilot
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2015, 07:49:55 am »
Hi

Changing the vehicle type will always trigger a save notification since the actual vehicle type is changed when a new tab is clicked. This is not a very good UI experience I know and we might want to change it in some way making the user more aware that something is really changing when cycling through vehicle types.
So for now I would say this is not a bug. Just a design that is not optimal ( i.e. bad design by me ;) )

Cheers
/Fredrik

xpantz

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2015, 01:24:39 pm »
more bugs?

Acro+ Link Roll and Pitch.

With the box checked, changing the Roll Factor in Settings Bank 1 is also reflected in Roll Factor for Banks 2 &3.

I think Roll Factor is just tied together for all banks.