Transmitter/Receiver Problems
« on: August 07, 2016, 02:50:31 am »
Hey guys,

I am fairly experienced at drone building, but I am at my wits end with a CC3D flight controller that I recently aquired in a 250 kit.

I loaded the latest librepilot and updated the fw no problem. I ran through the setup wizard and every time I do, it won't recognize the transmitter. If I do a manual transmitter setup, sometimes it will get all the way through sometimes it doesn't recognize it. Either way, when I disconnect the usb it won't arm. I have set the arm to "yaw right".

Thinking maybe it was a problem with the librepilot, I reloaded it with clean flight and am experiencing the same issues. I have checked and rechecked the wiring for both fw versions.

I am running out of ideas. If anyone has any suggestions, I am open to them. I also tried an er9x transmitter with a ppm receiver with the same results.

I'm about to give up on the CC3D and get a Naze32 flight controller.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 02:58:10 am by Jman 31 »

Wagsy

• Rotorpix
Re: Transmitter/Receiver Problems
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2016, 05:40:24 am »
Check you wires between the RX and FC.
I hot glue my FC  and RX plugs in.
Also try another USB cable

Re: Transmitter/Receiver Problems
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 01:20:06 am »
Thanks! That is what it was. I just went with PWM since I could never get the PPM to work. I still don't understand what all of the wires are doing since it seems that some have to be installed no matter what. It's working, but I hate that I'm not understanding it.