Hy all,

I am looking for a 100% serious enthusiast who is willing to provide help for free or Hiring a developer on a fair (open source) price for developing a firmware.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 06:10:22 pm by A.Alexandru »

hwh

Without more information on your hardware there isn't any way to really answer you.

You'd have to post the schematic of your board or at least a list of the chips used for anyone to even tell you if it's practical to port LibrePilot to it.

Bear in mind that bringing up a new board isn't a quick, simple process.  It takes months even for experienced developers.  The last board added was the Sparky2 board and it took over 6 months.  And that was with a proven hardware design that already ran another project's firmware.  With a completely new hardware design there's the possibility of hardware design errors slowing the porting down.

Is this a simple quadcopter, but new electronics?

Many different multicopter designs can be handled without firmware change, just by manually configuring the mixer.  If you can calculate a mixer so that you have 4 independent controls, (roll, pitch, yaw, thrust), then generally no code changes are required.  By independent, I mean that when you give for example roll, you don't get anything else.  If you do get something else, you simply adjust the mixer so that it automatically removes that.  You can actually fly a pentacopter (and utilize full lifting thrust on all motors) by tilting (fixed tilt) the motors and correctly configuring a mixer.

Then there are vehicle designs such as tilt motor hexacopter that allows forward flight with zero bank angle where you actually want to add a forward control so you now have 5 independent controls.

Or flying cube with 3 or 6 motors but you want thrust handled automatically so it can automatically hover while flipping around.

Or vision processing for accuracy in GPS denied environments.

I think you will have better luck finding people who will help you, but don't want another job.

Are you trying to keep your design fairly secret for now?  If not, open a discussion thread about the design and what you want to do with it.  If it is something that requires an NDA just to learn what you want to do, then you will probably have fewer responses.  Maybe zero responses.  :(

We don't currently support PX4 board.

hwh

As Cliff said, we don't support that board. We currently support the cc3d, revo, and revo nano boards and their clones.  The next release includes support for the Sparky2 board.  If you had based your device on one of them it might have been practical for someone to make the changes to support it.

While LP could be ported to the PX4 it's unlikely to be done.  Almost every chip and sensor is different and it has a co-processor on board that would also require firmware written for it.  It would require either a commercial company with the money to hire a programmer to work on it full time or a developer who wanted it for himself and was willing to devote 6 months to a year to doing it.

If you based something on the PX4 designs your only practical choice is to stay with their firmware.

hwh

All LibrePilot boards run on ST MCUs.   The current boards use STM32F103, STM32F405, and STM32F411 cpus.   They run the FreeRTOS embedded OS.

It's not a matter of running on some ST cpu, it needs to run on the specific one your board is based on.  And to use the same accelerometer, gyro, mag, and barometer chips.  If not then all this has to be programmed and that's a lot of work.  If you're a programmer you can clone our source repository and make the modifications yourself.  The wiki at https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Developer+Manual tells how to setup a development environment.

While no individual developer speaks for the entire project or group I don't think any of the developers has the spare time and enough interest in porting LP to the PX4 series boards.

hwh

So then is there any board currently working or supporting  the mpu6000 , lsm303D ,L3GD20H and MS5611 sensors ?...
The mpu6000 and MS5611 are on current boards, the others aren't.

...As far the ST goes this is not a UNKNOWN problem , I know it needs porting and cross compiling but as long as is from same family it should not be impossible. ...
It's not unknown or impossible, it just takes time.

...Aside from the ST mcu's and onboard sensors there are just few drivers that as far as I know as a non programmer with no experience what so ever shouldn't be to difficult to implement into the firmware. Like LED driver or piezo/tweeter driver for alarms. ...
None of it is difficult, it just takes time.

...Any board using 2 or more cpu's or mcu's or a mix ? any of them having back-up mcu/cpu or manual control mcu because it's not really a back up. ...
No.

As I said, you're welcome to clone the source code and modify it yourself or have someone modify it for you.  While you seem to think it's a quick job, bringing up a board like the PX4 takes months of work.  Probably more than 6 months to get it working right.

Mateusz

To my knowledge LibrePilot is driven by contributions from many people who have regular jobs. They add value, because they want to share, are interested in something and it's fun for them. What is great about this project is that you can pick whatever you are interested in, enjoying it and try doing it in your own peace.

It took about half a year to add Sparky2 which is almost identical to Revo and still some things may not be tested.
I believe the reason that Sparky2 was added is because it's open-hardware, was so similar to Revo, schematics are freely available on-line, it's possible to get a physical board, and people actually knew hardware is good, interesting and wanted to fly it/play with it.

Given you talk about completely new design, your goal is not impossible, but labor intensive and hard to achieve without getting community interested in it.
It's very hard to spark an interest in someone who hasn't seen design and know what hardware he/she is dealing with or can't even try it.
Best way IMO to get people interested is by sharing and contributing :)

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Hi,

Seems your board is a PX4 like so really more easy start/resolve issues with PX4 code.
Whats new in your board that need Nuttx update ?

For what i know, no one here want to start support for your new board because all hardware supported in LibrePilot should be freely available and know hardware.

hwh

...I can not share everything BEFORE even if it's open source. ...
...However placing schematic designs just like that ,that means also that anybody or everybody can run away with it, including companies or even competition. ...
... I wish to remain open source but I also need to make a team and prosper with this product giving me, the team more freedom to do other stuff / research /prototypes in the future and have fun...
That's pretty much the definition of closed source.   Open source is posted publicly and encourages others to copy it.  The members of this project had bad experiences with earlier hardware that was promised to be open source eventually but wasn't.

Everything we do is public, even branches of the code done just to test something.  You have a much better chance of getting someone to help you if everything is already public and open source.  Still, it is more a matter of finding someone that is interested.  Most people here who can do this sort of thing already have all the work that they need and shy away from the commitments created by money.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 05:27:03 pm by TheOtherCliff »

Can you tell us what is so special about your board design? The list of sensors you posted earlier seem to be what is used on the PX4.