Petaba

REVO clone and INS13
« on: August 01, 2016, 11:49:46 am »
Hi,
I am trying to get my haxacopter flying in GPS modes but I was never successful flying with the INS13 algorithm.

I bought my revo here http://www.banggood.com/OpenPiolot-CC3D-Revolution-Flight-Controller-Oplink-M8N-GPS-Distribution-Board-p-1000084.html

After compiling next build of librepilot a was able to connect external magnetometer from this gps unit. (If anyone wants some advice on how to do it feel free to ask) but even after that I was not able to get anything useful from INS13. My artificial horizon is just going nutz.

Hope that someone know whats wrong  :)

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: REVO clone and INS13
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 12:17:23 pm »
Hi, welcome

INS13 uses 13 inputs to estimate the attitude and position.
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/INS13+-+GPS+Navigation
You should not search to find a perfect level using INS13 if you don't receive GPS correctly with a reliable ground speed for example.

All should be calibrated fine, especially Mag and correct orientation.

Petaba

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2016, 12:31:12 pm »
Ii doesnt seem that I have any problems with the gps. I its actually quite accurate and I did the calibration over and over.

I was using a month old next build and yesterday I compiled new one. And it stops working every time I try to run it. Its LibrePilot-15.09+r957-gd7ebf30_i686 and I am using windows 10, i7 4700 running at 2,4GHz and 8 GB of ram. Hope that there will be new next branch that will work :)

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2016, 12:49:58 pm »

Petaba

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2016, 02:41:49 pm »
Wow, thanks this one works. So I did the vehicle setup with external mag in flexi port connected and it seems that I am getting data from both. The problem is probably the orientation of the two sensors. (as shown in attached photo)

I also have a question about he other modes that were added (shown on the other photo). Is the basic + mag + GPS a suitable replacement for INS13? if not what is it for?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2016, 03:00:50 pm »
Basic+Mag+GPS can be used as well but can be wrong in some cases.
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/INS13+-+GPS+Navigation

You should calibrate the Mag sensors first, the orientation doesn't matter at this point.
Next check/set the orientation assuming the two Mag alarms are green.

Petaba

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2016, 06:49:45 pm »
It was amazing <3 it was the first flight that was smooth and I could even use Position hold :)

The only thing that I am still a little concerned about is that my motors just spin too fast right after i give it even the tiniest amount of throttle. I was not doing this in the previous version. So taking off isnt nice and I hope that there is a way to fix it :)

Petaba

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2016, 08:55:26 pm »
now I tried the GPS assist mode and when it wanted to brake it flipped over and crashed pretty hard :(