CC3D Altitude Hold Ability?
« on: July 26, 2016, 02:25:26 am »
Is there a setup to help with altitude hold on a non revolution cc3d?   

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: CC3D Altitude Hold Ability?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 02:43:12 am »
CC3D do not support barometer and AltitudeHold.

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 02:47:28 am »
So the cc3d (older version) is a strictly "fly by the seat of your pants"?  By that I mean, obtaining a hover is totally up to my ability?

Thanks!

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2016, 02:56:32 am »
First, there is only one CC3D: 'the older' like you say.
CC3D and Revolution are two different boards.
"Revolution" is a Chinese name for marketing needs.

There is no issue to do a hover using a CC3D, you should need some practice and maybe PID tuning.

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2016, 05:28:51 am »
The PID tuning is something I haven't reviewed.  I just did the first flight with the new build.  It did OK.  I made a couple of changes to slow the response including altitude.  Going to try it first light.  Going to do some research on PID's here on the forum.  It sounds like the fine tuning process.  Any specifics  to look at in the PID's?

Thanks 

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2016, 12:14:22 pm »
I made a couple of changes to slow the response including altitude.
What did you do exactly for altitude using a CC3D ?

For PID tuning, try EasyTune:
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/EasyTune

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2016, 03:55:46 pm »
Stable tab, responsiveness, basic conf, altitude slider was moved from 55 to 40.  In expo I adjusted the pitch and roll to +20, and yaw to +15.  No other changes.  Maintaining a stable attitude is a little challenging.  I have been flying a Phantom 3 standard.  The GPS makes it much easier to control.   

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2016, 04:10:38 pm »
altitude slider was moved from 55 to 40
This is attitude slider, mean the max angle in degrees with full stick while flying in Attitude stabilization flight mode.
Almost all settings has a tooltip when you mouse over, this can help you to understand different settings.

Reducing Attitude value and add expo remains to something that do not react so fast to stick movement. Default values are just fine.

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2016, 06:47:36 pm »
I must learn to read.  Thanks!  After making the adjustments the responsiveness was less.  Almost too loose feeling.  Question, does attitude and expo do the same thing?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2016, 08:10:41 pm »
Question, does attitude and expo do the same thing?

No.

Attitude response: the max bank angle in degrees with full stick while flying in Attitude stabilization flight mode.

Expo : Apply a curve response between the input (the stick movement) and the Output.
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Expo+setup

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2016, 02:50:06 am »
Thanks!  Its time to get air born again.

startrek66

• F330+Revo
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2016, 12:03:20 am »
Hi Badboar65, in addition to useful tips of f5soh I will suggest you to set a power curve on the throttle like this.
To do this you have to use the monitor function of your remote control and see with how much gas you can keep hovering. If you for example just 50% you modify the curve by entering two points, one at -10 and one at +10 compared 50%.

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2016, 03:40:01 am »
Thanks for the throttle curve suggestion.  I see that graph but was not sure where to start.  To see how it affects the flight, I am going to use that curve.  My hover is about mid stick but I may have to play around with it.  If I am greater than 50 percent throttle, how does that change the graph???????  Waiting for the wind to die a bit then heading to the back yard.  Still getting acquainted with the radio I picked up.  My Phantom 3 throttle floats in the middle.  This Turnigy 9x requires me to stay alert.  I think I like being more alert. 

Thanks again .......

startrek66

• F330+Revo
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2016, 12:08:05 am »
Thanks for the throttle curve suggestion.  I see that graph but was not sure where to start.  To see how it affects the flight, I am going to use that curve.  My hover is about mid stick but I may have to play around with it.  If I am greater than 50 percent throttle, how does that change the graph???????  Waiting for the wind to die a bit then heading to the back yard.  Still getting acquainted with the radio I picked up.  My Phantom 3 throttle floats in the middle.  This Turnigy 9x requires me to stay alert.  I think I like being more alert. 

Thanks again .......
For example, if you keep it in your vehicle Hovering with 60%
go to the config tab> vehicle-> throttle curves and move the central point, which now see on 50%, on 60%. So the first point to the positions 50% and the last point to 70%

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2016, 04:16:04 pm »
Thanks!