ernstock

Re: New build with cc3d quadcopter not working
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2016, 09:24:22 pm »
Yeah , from my limited experience , the motors looked like they had a bad connection somewhere.
Remember - you're not building quads to save money ! get some reputable escs and get flying !

dcgm19

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2016, 09:28:02 pm »
i junked al 4 crap esc and ordered some little bee 20amp hopefully this will get me flying

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2016, 09:59:04 pm »
It should, the little bees have a great reputation.  A little electronically noisy. But durable and super fast. Pretty easy to tune with also....
5" alien 4s 596grams with battery and GoPro FPV
Lantian LT210 4s 604grams with batt and GoPro FPV
GE X220 4s 6" 513grams with batt and HD cam FPV
Homemade acro X copter. 6" 4s - like a warpquad LOS

dcgm19

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2016, 10:00:31 pm »
now the only issue is I need to find out why when i give more than 30% throttle the thing climbs to no end.

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2016, 09:08:02 am »
Vibration or too much D term in the PID will cause the gyros to report invalid angles.  The FC will try to correct those angles and an instant later will get a valid angle and have to correct back.  This jumping around has the effect of making it climb because the motors are always spinning up and down, but they spin up faster than they spin down.

Straighten or replace bent motor shafts.  Balance and track (track means that you get one perfect plane from the side, wrong is two because one prop tip is higher) your props.  Finally, increase GyroTau (Configuration -> Stabilization -> Expert -> GyroNoiseFiltering) a little (maybe from .005 to .010) but beware that this slows down the reactions and requires lower PIDs.