ducki

Can´t get Attitude Mode working with LP and cc3d
« on: July 28, 2016, 10:24:17 pm »
Hey guys,

i can't figure out whats wrong with my quad. It seems no matter what flight mode i choose it always applies rate mode. I have flashed the board over and over. After every Wizard it seems to be working. I can hover in attitude mode. When i roll to the right and let go of the stick the quad levels itself as it should.

Since the PIDs are way off in standard configuration i changed some values, mainly for P to get rid of the oscillation. I haven´t changed anything at the flight mode settings so far. Now when i try to take off its cleary in Rate mode. If i roll to the right and let go of the stick the quad rolls to the right for a certain degree and stays there as it would in Rate mode.

The only values I changed so far were the responsivness, expo and outer loop P value. For the flight mode settings every stabilized mode is set to Attitude to prevent any mistakes here.

any ideas what might be wrong ?

Re: Can´t get Attitude Mode working with LP and cc3d
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 09:12:24 am »
Reducing the P probably caused it.  Really.  You probably reduced the outer loop P.

It just needs a good tuning.  If you can build or acquire the current "next" build, there is AutoTune built in.  Read wiki about AutoTune.