Flipping a CC3D board upside down on a quadcopter
« on: July 25, 2016, 10:10:58 am »
Hey guys and gals, sorry I haven't been on here much. Busy doesn't begin to describe my life.

I thought I saw long ago you can flip a CC3D upside down on the machine, but cannot find any info. If this is indeed possible what values do I need to change to be sure it is flying as it normally would? My reason for doing this is to protect the servo plugs on a 250 quad racer. My only other option is to resolder the pins on the bottom, but I don't have a vice big enough to hold the board, and I am without money for the vice right now.  I don't mind spending an hour in the FW getting it right, just need guidance. Much appreciated to anyone that has some info.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: Flipping a CC3D board upside down on a quadcopter
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 12:01:02 pm »
Take a look here:
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/CC+Attitude+Configuration
And adjust the Attitude tab > Virtual Rotation

Double check if PFD behavior is correct before flying:
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/PFD#PFD-MyPFDlooksreversed

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 06:44:52 pm »
f5soh, Thanks for this, on the bench it is is looking good. Much easier than I had hoped, and gives me more options for future builds. Allot of false reports that this cannot be done with a CC3D board out there, clearly not true.

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2016, 02:03:45 am »
I thought I saw long ago you can flip a CC3D upside down on the machine, but cannot find any info. If this is indeed possible what values do I need to change to be sure it is flying as it normally would?

I looked into the same thing for the same reason's as you. and YES you can. I have been flying an upside down AND rotated CC3D for months now.

Under Attitude, Set roll to 180 (puts it upside down) then reverse the yaw if you've rotated it from center, I have mine at -90.  Because mine is mounted higher up on my frame it was so much easier having it upside down.