Can't Select COM Port
« on: July 19, 2016, 01:23:38 am »
I've used LibrePilot successfully previously to configure my CC3D board.  I know through other testing with my FTDI adapter that I need to connect via COM 3 and/or COM 9, but I can only see COM 1 in my connection options (plus Logfile and UDP).  I tried deleting all my USB drivers and letting them reinstall but no luck.  Any other ideas what I need to do to get COM8 to be recognized?

Thanks in advance,
Paul

Re: Can't Select COM Port
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2016, 05:43:08 am »
I should add a couple other points.

• other devices are working fine on the same USB port(s)
  • I hard one crash with the quad, inverted at full power (but soft ground) due to bad fail safe settings on the RX combined with a wiring short.  But unit has flown fine 30+ flights since then
  • I had one motor stop working.  After testing the motor itself ok I replaced the ESC.  Motor runs now, but getting some minor oscillation in the quad when flying. It's supposedly the same ESC model, but at least one chip is noticeably different.  I wanted to recalibrate everything, but ran into this issue.

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2016, 10:09:21 am »
Do you see the said com port in the Windows Device Manager? If you see it there, it should also be appearing in the GCS, but if not it's probably a driver issue maybe even hardware issue.

I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to do, as I understand you're trying to reconfigure the FC by connecting it trough USB and then selecting a "Serial: COMX" option in the GCS.
Why don't you try to select "USB: CC3D" (or something similar) option which is the default to use when configuring the board?

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2016, 02:36:40 pm »
Thanks for the response.  I'm just trying to run the standard vehicle setup wizard.  There is no option that you describe in the connection options.  It has only three:

Com1
Logfile:___
UDP_____

If I go straight to the instrument screen(forget exactly what it is called) it confirms there is no connection.

I'm not at my PC at the moment, so I can't pull screen shots, but can do later if helpful.

According to Device Manager, everything is working fine and other devices (FTDI adapter and USB memory stick) work fine in the same two ports.

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2016, 01:54:41 am »
FYI, problem resolved itself after [out of desperation] I tried a different USB cable.

:)