Hi all ... ok any ideas... built a quad, got a taranis x9d and a frsky x4r sbus receiver. I'm using a cc3d flight controller and setting up with librepilot ( obviously). vehicle set up went perfect. I have already binded my taranis and receiver and using sbus I plugged it into the main port. the transmitter wizard setup went perfect, everything works no problem. power off and on again and the taranis controls the motors and everything perfectly until...I disconnect the mini usb. it only works when its plugged into the computer. even when I haven't even opened librepilot it works, but as soon as I pull the usb out of the cc3d, nothing. It really makes no sence to me... any ideas why this would be?? 

Re: transmitter wont work unless the usb on the cc3d is plugged in???
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 06:35:35 am »
I should add that I de-pinned the cc3d and removed the red lead from the esc, I soldered the ground wire from the escs to the grounds on the pdb, and solders the signal wire to the signal pinholes on the cc3d and then soldered an active and ground wire from the 5v on the pdb to a + and ground hole on the cc3d... I have build quads like this before and it works well and keeps weight down. as I said, everything works. vehicle setup was pefect and was the transmitter setup.. everything was saved and happy ... transmitter controlled the quad no problem ...but only when the usb is plugged in. even when I arm the quad with out the usb in, I get the rapid blue flashing led on the cc3d, but nothing else.. no response at all ... so strange ... appreciate any ideas, suggestions or advise  ...cheers

Re: transmitter wont work unless the usb on the cc3d is plugged in???
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 02:46:34 pm »
Are you sure CC3D is getting 5V power from the PDB and where is the PDB getitng the 5V power (from an onboard regulator or from one of the ESCs)?