Quad cleaning
« on: July 23, 2016, 11:12:03 am »
This might seem like an odd question but has anybody come across any good ways/substances to clean their quad? I'm mainly talking about all the grass residue that gets chopped up by the props when I crash and flung over it with a nice thick even coating :D.. I live on a farm so there aren't many nice groomed parks around to fly

Re: Quad cleaning
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 04:09:46 pm »
Let it dry, then brush with an old tooth brush
5" alien 4s 596grams with battery and GoPro FPV
Lantian LT210 4s 604grams with batt and GoPro FPV
GE X220 4s 6" 513grams with batt and HD cam FPV
Homemade acro X copter. 6" 4s - like a warpquad LOS

Mateusz

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2016, 05:54:35 pm »
I use wet baby wipes or wet paper towel for cleaning furniture. Dont use organic solvents like aceton as that may disolve some plastic materials. Power all off before, let It dry once clean and shiny. Leave It fir night not used to let It dry. You can also use spray with air. When people show off their quads on photos those are likely cleaned, after repair/full disassemble or new. Nothing wrong with having damn dirty one if it's used. You will clean it after you break something anyway;)

ernstock

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2016, 10:15:23 pm »

Hi ,
I too live on a farm.
Above pic is from last year when I was more of a learner and crasher than a flyer.
Bits of wet grass have caused a short once , other than that , as suggested above , I just pick the worst off when dry.