gasman

Revo Mini disarming
« on: June 10, 2016, 05:18:16 pm »
Hi

I've put a Revo Mini into a plane and calibrated everything, but I fear I've messed some setting or other. The plane will fly without problem in manual mode but after a few seconds in any stabilised flight mode the power is cut and I have to glide in and land. I think the flight controller is disarming itself but I'm not sure.

Any ideas on what to try, or how to go about trouble-shooting this?

Thanks for any ideas

jbarchuk

Re: Revo Mini disarming
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 09:14:46 pm »
A few possibilities come to mind.

Are you sure you're 'always armed?'

Or, if you're arming by a switch it's possible that some other Tx action could send a signal to the FC that says 'disarm now'.

A failsafe mode may cause the Tx and/or FC to kill power to the motor.

That reminds me to ask, by what you describe, when the 'power is cut' you mean motor power only and you're still in control of the flight surfaces?

I know none of these really make much sense in that manual mode has no problem, but these are standard troubleshooting items.

I don't know enough to look at this directly myself, but a standard troubleshooting option is to upload a copy of your *.uav. If you do that maybe someone else will know enough about how to check it.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 09:25:12 pm »
Take a look at tooltip over arming timeout value (default 30s)
You can also use a arming switch using an Accessory.

gasman

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2016, 10:11:15 pm »
This was due to inadequate current from the BEC and solved using a higher rated one. I suppose the current draw was just on the limit flying manually and stabilised flight pushed it that bit too much.

Thanks!

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2016, 11:22:00 pm »
Indeed there is more current from servos while flying stabilized, servos are working all the time.