Telemetry not connected on Revo
« on: June 18, 2016, 12:38:11 am »
Hi, I was setting up GPS and I thought I will use USB VCP for that since I do not know how to connect that small JST-H connector to ftdi adapter.
So while playing with that I did something to the board and it is now continuously flashing 1x blue 2x orange.
LP GCS recognizes the borad but I am not able to do any configuration.
The only thing I see is in the System tab, GCSTelemetryStats, Tx Bytes counter and Tx Failures.
I also tried the DFU procedure but that did not help.
What can I do?

hwh

Re: Telemetry not connected on Revo
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2016, 12:52:58 am »
There's nothing to setup on gps for a revo, the revo changes the gps settings to what it wants on every boot up.

No matter what you set the VCP to you should have been able to erase the settings through the GCS.  I'd try this even now. With the board disconnected goto the firmware tab and click on upgrade and erase.  Connect the board when it tells you to.

If that doesn't help tell us about the "I also tried the DFU procedure but that did not help."  Did it work the way the wiki ( https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Recover+board+using+DFU ) says but still not get recognized by the GCS or did the DFU procedure not work?

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2016, 07:32:08 am »
DFU seemd to work as on WIKI.

I did the firmware upgrade as you described but I end up in same situation. Then I tryied to "Upgrade and Erase" and that brought the board back.

Probelm seems to be solved thanks for helping me out.

Have a nice day.

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2016, 12:05:27 pm »
I have a similar problem, but in my case neither the "Upgrade & Erase" and the DFU procedure solved the problem. During "Upgrade & Erase" the upgrading completes, but the erasing times out. When I connect via USB, I see that GCS tries to send GCSTelemetryStats objects with the Status set to HandshakeReq. The Revolution board does not reply with FlightTelemetryStats objects, so the handshaking does not complete (in fact no other objects are being received from the Revolution board). The weird thing is, when I establish a link through OPLink (radio) I experience no problems.

I've got several Revolution boards, of which two have this problem. Only one of these two have OPLink configured, so the other is inaccessible (is it?). I have a feeling that there is a setting, or a problem with the settings that cause the board not to respond to handshake requests over USB, how can I erase the settings (I'm not sure if the DFU procedure can be used to completely reset the board, or that it only can rewrite the firmware)?

Btw. I've also tried the "Rescue" and "Erase" buttons, no luck either.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 12:18:38 pm by Regelink »

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2016, 12:38:50 pm »
Unbelievable! When I connect to another computer, it just works via USB! I thought I had ruled out any software issues on my laptop by a) having reinstalled GCS and b) being able to connect to another revolution board using USB. I now suspect a driver issue...

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2016, 01:31:52 pm »
And indeed, it was a driver issue. After connecting the Revolution board, I uninstalled the "Revolution Virtual COM Port" driver and the "USB Composite Device" corresponding to this board (in Universal Serial Bus Controllers) using Device Manager. After unplugging the board I had to reboot my computer in order for it to work. Uninstalling the "USB Composite Device" and rebooting was definitely required, I'm not sure about uninstalling (and removing) the "Revolution Virtual COM Port" driver.

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2016, 06:27:11 pm »
I believe the original poster, miromir, was referring to doing upgrade, etc on his FC.   SBL didn't fix it, upgrade didn't, upgrade and erase did.  The reason is probably that he got the settings messed up so that it was not talking to USB the way he expected.  Upgrade and erase finally fixed it because it was the first thing he did that reset the settings.

For anyone reading this in the future, note that you can boot with default settings by using the "Safe Boot" option on the firmware page that becomes active after pressing Rescue then plugging the board in, or using the Halt button.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 06:48:45 pm by TheOtherCliff »