GPS Not Updating
« on: July 14, 2016, 02:11:16 am »
Hi everyone, this is my first post here, and I'm currently working on my first multirotor build... so go easy on me if this is a stupid question.

I've added "CRIUS NEO-GPS & MAG V2 NEO-7M GPS Module "  (without using the magnetometer - side question, would it be possible to use it if I rewire and plug it into the Flexi Port?) to my Revolution, and it initially appears to work correctly - getting signal from 7 satellites and turning the GPS button green in the System Health window... however, it never updates after this point. If I move the quadcopter from one location to another, the GPS coordinates never change, but the angle and all other data seems to be coming through OPLink telemetry just fine.

One possible issue I've noticed, is Revo sets the speed to 57600, but the baud of this GPS is 9600... and if I change the speed to 9600, save, and reboot the board... my System Health has a red x over the GPS button (and therefore I never even get an initial location like I did on 57600). The GPS module is powered through the Main Port (and not an external 5V source), if that's of any relevance.

I've spent a while trying to figure this one out, and it's got me stumped. Anybody know what the issue might be, or possible ways of fixing it?

Update: Logged a flight, and noticed GCS does calculate the ground speed, and the GPS coordinates are displayed and actively changing under the 'system' tab, making me even more certain I'm just making a stupid mistake with the software.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 05:10:55 am by uncreativescreenname »

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: GPS Not Updating
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 12:16:34 pm »
Hi, welcome.

For vehicle not moving, on OPMap, right click and choose "Show diagnostics"

Every time the board starts he try different baudrate, found GPS and finally reconfigure the GPS.
By default the settings are not saved on GPS, see in System tab > UAVOBrowser for GPSSettings > UbxAutoConfig

Re: GPS Not Updating
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 06:12:18 pm »
Hi, welcome.

For vehicle not moving, on OPMap, right click and choose "Show diagnostics"

Every time the board starts he try different baudrate, found GPS and finally reconfigure the GPS.
By default the settings are not saved on GPS, see in System tab > UAVOBrowser for GPSSettings > UbxAutoConfig

Thanks f5soh, this got it working perfectly!