JessD

Barometer
« on: July 11, 2016, 12:27:15 pm »
Hi,

I read in some forums that barometer must be cover with sponge for obtain more reliability readings. Is really need to cover and, if affimative, when you don't have case there is any efficient technique to cover?

Thx in advance,

Jess

Mateusz

Re: Barometer
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 01:07:00 pm »
Perhaps blow of air from the propellers or from the bottom when dropping altitude can also artificially increase pressure on the sensor.
It's both sensitive to light and if you blow air on it you get not ambient pressure but wrong one.  There are different ways of dealing with that, I would see test for whatever works for you. Most people use thin porous sponge.

Also you might need to tune Altitude PIDs if they don't match your build, once you're sure baro is working. But it may also work out of the box without need for tuning.

startrek66

• F330+Revo
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 05:44:40 pm »
Hi,

I read in some forums that barometer must be cover with sponge for obtain more reliability readings. Is really need to cover and, if affimative, when you don't have case there is any efficient technique to cover?

Thx in advance,

Jess
My revo internally have a sponge rubber provided by manufacturer.

JessD

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2016, 11:51:29 pm »
thx for answers :-)

I continue searching for info, and see that results depends, not only to sponge baro, but quality of baro IC.

I think that best solution is test this four options:

1.- Without case - Without sponge
2.- Without case - With sponge
3.- With case  - Without sponge
4.- With case - With Sponge

Used 3D printed case, download from thingiverse por Revo. In all case adjust PID for Altitude.

When have result i publish for constrast with other tests.

JessD

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2016, 11:53:43 pm »
Hi,

Thx in advance,

Jess
My revo internally have a sponge rubber provided by manufacturer.

Understand that your baro ic has sponged or case for revo have sponged?

Can you said what's your manufacter revo ?,

thx

startrek66

• F330+Revo
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2016, 08:59:23 am »
I hope this help you http://s.aliexpress.com/jiam63Mr

Inviato dal mio SM-G800F utilizzando Tapatalk