Gyro issue on my CC3D board
« on: July 08, 2016, 08:39:51 am »
Hey all, I've been dealing with some issues regarding my gyroscope and accelerometer onboard my CC3D.

I've been tinkering with the settings in LP under the "attitude" tab within configuration.  I currently have Roll, Pitch, and Yaw set to 0, as I think is correct to the orientation of my board onboard my quadcopter.  The board has it's arrows pointing towards the front and the LED's are on top (I'm not sure how everyone typically references the top of the pcb for the CC3D).  After running a sensor calibration, I go into "Flight Data" and monitor my QC's gyro by manually manipulating the machine.

I'm unfamiliar with the attitude indicator's proper names and such so I'll be making up my own, referencing things as if I was flying an aircraft in person.

First of all, the "climbing\falling" (Y axis) seems to work correct.  I tilt the front upward, the sky increases and ground decreases.  Tilt downward the sky decreases and ground increases.

The X axis is where I think I'm having issues, unless it's counter intuitive for me (http://www.pilotfriend.com/training/flight_training/fxd_wing/attitude.htm makes me think so).  If I tilt to the left, the ground on the left increases and the ground on the right decreases.  When I tilt to the right, the left decreases and the right increases.  To me this seems wrong, but at the same time (from my limited flying experience in real aircraft) it seems that if I turned left, then the horizon on the left should go upwards from my perspective, and the right side should downwards.

I guess at this point I just need a sanity check.  I'm going on my third attempt at flight with a lighter battery (I have a 210mm frame, tried flying with a 2200mAh and 5030 props; I downgraded to a 1000mAh and 4045 props).