12many

Next build, import settings & oplink setup
« on: July 07, 2016, 07:03:44 am »
Got -next (as of 7/5/2016) built and running on windows.  Looks great - improvements all over the place.

Am wondering, importing UAV settings,  I see 'Warning (ObjectID mismatch).  Is this a benign /ignore warning or a problem?  Guess I can try it and find out.  UPDATE:  No, looks like UAV settings need to be manually re-entered. (?)

Noticed the serial-usb driver installer isn't working at the moment.  Workaround of installing 15.09-release, then running my local -next build appears to work ok, but GCS doesn't seem to see the OPLink when it's plugged in.  Is this a known issue or is there something I need to know to get it working?

hwh

Re: Next build, import settings & oplink setup
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 07:31:42 am »
Every time you move versions you usually have to re-enter the setup by hand.

For the oplink there are no known problems that match what you said.  All known problems the oplink appears in the dropdown in the lower right and connects but doesn't work.

For that there are two possibilities, windows sometimes loads a driver it shouldn't and blocks access to the board. The procedures for that are in the wiki at https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Troubleshooting

The second (and probably likely in this case) has to do with a firmware version mismatch, if the oplink has say 15.09 firmware then next can't talk to it properly.  The fix for this is to upgrade the firmware.   With the oplink disconnected, go to the firmware tab, click on upgrade and erase, and connect the oplink when it tells you to.