Mateusz

Re: Revo Mini - Which GPS?
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2016, 05:06:27 pm »
Vcc, gnd, tx,rx are serial (uart) lines. This is GPS signal, it is likely to work as GPS. I haven't actually tried Neo6, but it should talk same protocol as Neo7 and 8. What it doesn't have it at least looks lacking is external Mag. You would need to still buy one and connect it. For autopilot functions using GPS, other sensors are required as well. Best is to use DJI Naza compatible GPS that has both mag and gps using serial line.

troll

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2016, 08:00:21 pm »
Best is to use DJI Naza compatible GPS that has both mag and gps using serial line.

Thanks!
Could You please give the link of example such device (having GPS and MAG on same serial line)?

Oh, I see
It is something like this one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEO-M8N-GPS-Compass-Support-DJI-Naza-M-V2-Lite-Flight-Controller-/322154364846?hash=item4b01e57fae:g:i-QAAOSwzJ5XY0Vq

Regards.

hwh

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2016, 08:49:42 pm »
Yes, that is one of the Naza clone gps and the price is reasonable.  They work well sending gps and mag through one cable.   

You have to replace the connector on the cable with a JST-SH 4 pin one.   The easiest and least expensive way to do it is to splice on one of the short pre-made cables.  Usually the revo comes with a handful of cables and one will work.

Mateusz

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2016, 08:56:47 pm »
JST-SH 4 pin one

It has to be JST-SH 1.0 4pin, the pitch is important. Easy to buy on ebay in pre-crimped sets like in attached picture.

troll

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2016, 07:50:56 am »
The easiest and least expensive way to do it is to splice on one of the short pre-made cables.  Usually the revo comes with a handful of cables and one will work.

Thanks!