hwh

Re: GPS No Fix
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2016, 06:25:29 am »
Most people just cut the black connector off and splice a JST-SH 4 pin connector with wires attached to the cable.  You can buy the connectors with short wires attached on eBay and the Chinese sites.

It's done this way because the SH connectors won't take a wire as large as the one that comes on the GPS.  And the SH connectors require a crimper smaller than most people have.

If you really want to remove the pins from the black connector just push down a little on the tiny tab in the slots shown in your picture and then pull the wire and pin out.

mak24

« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2016, 03:27:26 am »
Thanks kindly.

I have successfully switched the wires in NAZA GPS to Revo pinout.  I was able to get a GPS fix.  I have done the sensor calibration

I assumed that as next step for using GPS assist mode, I just needed to change one of flight modes to one of the GPS modes but am getting Config error.  Please see screenshot.  Will read up more on using GPS modes.
mak24

My Quad Build
Alien 450
Emax 25 Amp ESC
2212 980 KV SunnySky motor
10*4.5 APC Props
Revo FC
GCS 16.09 Rhino

hwh

« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2016, 09:01:49 am »
It's hard to say without seeing your full config but I'd guess you should look at Configuration -> Attitude -> Settings -> Attitude Estimation Algorithm.  You probably didn't change it to GPS Navigation (INS13).

mak24

« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2016, 12:58:23 am »
hwh sir!

You were right on the dot. 

I just needed to enable INS per your instruction.  GPS Green, MAG Green.  Did my first position hold, rock solid!!!(Well I have been delinquent on using EasyTune to tune my S500, so it does oscillate a bit.  EasyTune is the next bit that I will tackle).

Tomorrow, i will try Velocity Roam.  I understand, from watching a YoutTube at this link () , that one only uses the pitch and yaw to for maneuvering.  So it may be a good mode for a new pilot. 

Any suggestions?

Once again, thanks so much!!!  I do not think I should call a newbie anymore, thanks to all who have supported me to fly my quad in GPS mode.
mak24

My Quad Build
Alien 450
Emax 25 Amp ESC
2212 980 KV SunnySky motor
10*4.5 APC Props
Revo FC
GCS 16.09 Rhino