Revolution FC USB Error
« on: May 03, 2016, 03:07:51 am »
I am pulling my hair out about this issue and need some expert help. Purchased an OP revo FC about 6 weeks ago and it was all working fine. Took it out on Sunday for what was suppose to be beautiful flight and after plugging in the Lipo it wouldn't load the firmware therefore, the ESC's went into the warming bleep mode.

Took the Quad back home and plugged the USB port thinking it was a simple fix  and 30hrs later I am no closer to a resolution. I suspect the board is bricked if not partially but I am just coming up against a brick wall at each avenue.

Specs:
OP/LP Revolution mounted on a Xugong V2 Pro
DJI E310 Motors
Tuaranis X9D Plus Transmitter
Frsky X8R Frutaba S Bus connector to FC
Neo M8N gps connecter
SBEC 6V connected to FC
Frsky Voltage meter
4s 5200mah lipo

When I connect the board to the USB it lights up with a solid Green and an intermittent solid blue light. Every time the solid blue switches off I receive an audible sound from the laptop to indicate the Revo board has disconnected. This loops indefinitely and the LP fails to identify the board being connected and in my drop down box I see the attached. Previously, I would normally find the Revo available in this drop down menu.

Can someone tell me why this board won't load? I have tried "Rescue" and flashed the bu_revolution_6.opfw. After all of this the FC still won't boot or accept a FW update.

I have also tried the "Recover board using DFU" and this simply brought me back to square 1 with no real progression. I have read forums about Some resurrection firmware but I haven't been able to locate it to give it a go.

All help will be appreciated.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 03:13:20 am by Gigametr1c »

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: Revolution FC USB Error
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 07:07:44 pm »
Resurrect firmware is here, pinned thread:
https://forum.librepilot.org/index.php?topic=208.0

After you flashed the bootloader you need to flash the firmware, without that, no running board and blue led fading slowly.

- Disconnect board
- Hit Upgrade&Erase button
- Connect board
- Wait flash process and board remain connected after erase the settings.

https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Firmware+Tab

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2016, 12:34:50 am »
Hi f5soh,

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. The resurrection fw worked a charm and now the board is back under control. All that's left is to stop the ESC's from bleeping as if an Fc wasn't connected. Just need to solve that issue before it's back up and running.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2016, 12:41:33 am »
Beeps from Esc comes from no signal or Output mode not supported by Esc you have.
Like OneShot output signal with Simonk Esc

Try setting Outputs for a quad in Vehicle tab and next to basic PWM / 50Hz in Output tab.

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2016, 12:50:36 am »
Yep,

Just did that and we're back in business. I owe you one.

I was tempted to purchase another Revo board.

I recently had a major crash. Quad external frame work was fine but the SMD current sensor on the Xugong board broke loose. The quad wouldn't switch on and no one was able to help - I was advised to buy a new Xugong board. Just through pictures and share determination I guessed the part ordered it from Mouser and soldered it to the board. Now we're back on track.

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2016, 10:46:25 pm »
Hi all, hoping to piggy back on this thread.

I had same symptoms after I ran the battery down too far.
It looks like I had success with the firmware and upgrade and erase. I used the fw_revolution_resurrect2-1509.opfw

I then went through the vehicle setup wizard and the behaviour returned, with the slow flash followed by a quick bright flash and the board stops showing up in the GSC.

Could anyone help me along with this portion please? It looked like I got somewhere with the rescue and upgrade and erase procedure.

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2016, 04:12:01 pm »
Hi all, worked for me using the following procedure:

Flashed resurrection FW, let it sit for a while after it said it was done.
erased and upgraded using buttons on left hand side of flash page
rebooted and followed vehicle setup wizard.