Altitude Gain after finishing Pitching forwards
« on: June 26, 2016, 08:20:49 pm »
Hi, so I've been trying to tune my 250 as best as possible.

In attitude mode I move the quad forwards quickly and it keeps a steady altitude as it moves forwards, then I go to stop quickly so move elevator back to centre and when the quad seems to gain altitude at the end of the manoeuvre.

I have been trying to minimise this by cutting the throttle after moving forwards  - is there any way of stopping this from happening?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: Altitude Gain after finishing Pitching forwards
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 08:34:05 pm »
Not sure what happens but when you move forward you need to increase throttle because thrust is on vertical motor axis and gravity vertical, relative to ground.

This mean you need to reduce Throttle when you return level.
Maybe a side effect related to quad not well balanced.

You can give a try using CruiseControl:
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/Cruise+Control

And welcome here :D

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2016, 08:49:14 pm »
Hi, actually I have tried Cruise Control and I did notice it seemed to help somewhat... will look more into that

It probably is tail heavy as the battery is strapped on the rear.

Line of sight I can keep it under control, but I want to start FPV and I crashed after trying to stop moving forwards and I think this MIGHT be the cause.

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2016, 08:45:13 pm »
This is a normal thing.  In a very mild braking maneuver you typically reduce power to keep the same altitude.  For sharp braking, you may want to increase power.

Tail heavy should not be an issue unless it is at the limit of way too tail heavy.