Transmitter Wizard Setup not reading throttle
« on: June 12, 2016, 10:47:35 pm »
Forgive the noob-ness.

I am flying a Storm RTF Type A Ver 2 drone with a CC3D flight controller and an AT9 Radiolink radio. In attempting to create an arming switch instead of arming with the left stick down and right, I must have inadvertently screwed things up. So now I cannot arm my drone.

I updated the firmware and I think this might be where things went south but I'm not sure. After that, I went through the vehicle set up successfully. I started the transmitter setup wizard but could not get GCS to detect the throttle. So the throttle is not being detected which I think is why I cannot arm the drone any longer.

This is where I now stand. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Transmitter Wizard Setup not reading throttle
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 02:20:34 am »
 Welcome here friend! Help would be easier if you included a screen shot of your flight data screen or a copy of your UAV file. Also pictures of the wiring to the receiver and such. With those items i have no doubt someone on here will be able to help. But it is after midnight in Europe. So it might be a few hours before everyone is on an able to see your issue.Please be patient. Good luck friend.  :)
ωʉɱ ∞

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 02:53:00 am »
Thanks for the info Nacholibre (awesome username BTW). Here are some pix and my .uav file...
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

hwh

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 04:14:13 am »
The uav file just shows that you didn't finish the wizard.

When you run the wizard are you telling it you have a S.Bus receiver?

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2016, 02:08:17 pm »
I started the transmitter setup wizard and got to the point it wanted me to move the throttle stick. It would not detect any movement and would not allow me to move to the next step. So I could not finish the setup. It also did not ask if I had a PWM or S. Bus receiver.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2016, 02:40:59 pm »
Are you using a Sbus receiver ?

At vehicle wizard start you should have a page where you can select SBus receiver.

Currently your config file show you set PWM input, if you don't know how to setup your board manually please start the vehicle wizard from the Welcome tab

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2016, 03:49:29 pm »
I went through the the Vehicle setup wizard again selecting S. Bus as well as Standard ESC (didn't think Rapid or On-shot pertained to my set up).
I went through the Transmitter setup. I could not find an accessory 1, 2, or 3 switch, but everything else seemed to work.
I still cannot arm the drone.

hwh

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2016, 04:02:50 pm »
What did you change the arming settings to after you ran the wizard?
Configuration -> input -> arming settings.

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2016, 04:07:14 pm »
I started with "Always disarmed" with a 30 second arming timeout with no success. I tried Accessory 0 since I was able to program that switch. Still no success.

Thanks for all of your time in helping me!!!

hwh

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2016, 04:40:46 pm »
"Always disarmed" means just that, it can never be armed.  It's a safety to force you to change to something else.

Configuring a switch not working is usually the channel neutral on the input tab.  It needs to be set to around the middle of the range, something like 1500.

If that isn't the problem please post your uav file with the settings you're trying to use for a switch.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2016, 04:44:06 pm »
You should setup first your radio, assign a slider/switch to one output channel before rerun the transmitter wizard.

In Output tab set at least 490Hz-PWM, 50Hz is really too low and give very bad stabilization results

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2016, 05:00:14 pm »
Huzzah! I set accessory 0 to channel 8 (2 position switch) min=0, neutral 1500, max 1690 and It seems to be working. I'll take it for a test shortly. Thank you hwh! f5soh. I will tinker with your recommended output settings shortly. You guys are fantastic!

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2016, 05:26:23 pm »
Since all channels are affected to functions, redo manual calibration for min/max values.

0 do not seems a standard min value for Sbus...

- Hit manual calibration button, move all sticks, sliders and switches.
- Check min/max values
- Hit again the same button to Stop de manual calibration.

- Save new settings

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2016, 04:35:08 am »
I adjusted the arming switch min and it worked like a charm. I also pumped up the output as recommended. Everything is working wonderfully. You guys solved my problem and I am grateful. Thank you!