TMGsi

Re: Revo not arming in mode that depends on GPS
« Reply #90 on: August 05, 2016, 01:53:26 am »
yes Wagsy, that's my goal.

A dream.

I do not let RTB failsafe because the flight modes that relies on GPS are not fully calibrated.

I'm having trouble leaving the totally green compass.

Now, fly in Rate mode, and make the maneuvers is also another dream.

« Reply #91 on: August 07, 2016, 11:19:22 pm »
I had assumed that lipo alarm buzzer was piezoelectric.  I'm surprised it's not.

Looks like you can see small disturbances even 20cm away.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 11:28:50 pm by TheOtherCliff »

« Reply #92 on: August 07, 2016, 11:51:06 pm »
So it came back in RTB and them motors shut off instead of landing.  I guess you have FlightModeSettings.ReturnToBaseNextCommand set to "Land".

What you describe can happen if the AltitudeHoldSettings.ThrustLimits or VtolPathFollowerSettings.ThrustLimits are set too high.  When the Min value is too high, and the FC has reduced the throttle all the way down to Miin, but it sees that it is still climbing, it can decide to disarm and shut the motors off for safety.  I haven't read the computer code for that section in a long time, but it that might happen, and it would be worse if the battery was freshly charged, or a lighter battery than normal.  In those cases, it climbs even more than normal.

« Reply #93 on: August 25, 2016, 01:12:13 am »
Hi, I have also some problems to arm in mode that depends on GPS. Seems I can't arm until I have 7 Satellites. Is there a possibility to start to flight without these 7 satellites I mean in a complementary mode then to pass in GPS mode after? (without to have to reconfigure the flight mode on the field). However thanks for this topic which help me to start because I had also the pb with the buzzer perturbing the magnetometre.

hwh

« Reply #94 on: August 25, 2016, 02:51:19 am »
Not really.  The problem is say you arm and take off in a non-gps mode.  Then you flip the flight mode switch to the gps mode before the gps has come online and your quad flies away because the gps is wrong.  The only safe thing is to prevent arming with the gps not ready.

« Reply #95 on: August 27, 2016, 05:17:46 am »
And even if you don't use a GPS flight mode, a large change in the quality of the fix can cause a significant change in simple Attitude mode leveling.  I had a change like this cause a large bank angle tilt and a crash into a tree.

« Reply #96 on: August 27, 2016, 05:14:17 pm »
Thanks hwh & TheOtherCliff for your answers

« Reply #97 on: September 29, 2016, 11:03:45 am »
If there is a GPS flight mode configured into the flight mode switch, Revo will not arm unless:
- Configuration -> Attitude -> Settings -> "Attitude Estimation Algorithm" is set to "GPS Navigation (INS13)"
- HomeLocation is set
- Mag (magnetometer) is calibrated
- Mag is green color in system health
- GPS is green color in system health

Besides that, all the high current motor wire pairs (and triples) must be twisted together with the pair becoming one cable.  If not, you may get a "fly away".

I recommend that you play with "Velocity Roam" flight mode because it is simple, safe, and more interesting than "Position Hold".  If you leave sticks in the middle it is the same as Position Hold.

Hello, is there a picture example of what you mean by twisting motor wire pairs please?

« Reply #98 on: October 17, 2016, 08:58:06 am »
All thick wire pairs need to be twisted, each pair into a single cord.

Battery to connector, battery connector to PDB, PDB to each ESC, and the 3 wires from each ESC to it's motor twisted into a single cord too.

QC102

« Reply #99 on: November 03, 2016, 05:45:00 am »
I found my city and my home. I typed my city "go to place:"

But it was a red line that I think goes through my contry.

This red line is normal?

I may have missed this - but if not.... Type your  home number and street address in the TOP  slot  where is says GO TO MY PLACE - its should  fetch up  your street at least.. but remeber to zoom in  about 70%.

joani

« Reply #100 on: December 15, 2016, 01:26:48 pm »
Friend I have the same problem, in the estimation modes use the complement more compas (librepilot 16.Rc2), because the GPS mode 13 does not respond: I happen to do all the relevant steps, locate the location gps, calibrate all sensors and I put on the GPS 13 mode but when I go to the display the display of this moves for all sides does not hold the horizon, which does not happen with the complementary mode: what can it be? Every time you change from an estimation mode it is necessary to re-calibrate all the sensors ??

« Reply #101 on: December 16, 2016, 01:50:00 am »
It is not necessary to recalibrate just because you change "attitude estimation algorithm".

If you are using an I2C aux mag, you must change mag settings board rotation to either pitch=180 (or to roll=180, yaw=180).  If you do not, your artificial horizon will twist and flip constantly.  Even with it set correctly, you may see 5 degrees or so of horizon tilt and some small shaking.  That is normal.

joani

modo gps 13 no work!!
« Reply #102 on: December 16, 2016, 11:46:40 am »
Friend sorry for my poor English, I manage to calibrate all the senses, at least that seems in the complementary mode and very well, however the autonomous modes do not: I put the gps13 configuration at the end of calibrating all the senses, return to the menu Prinsipal And the horizon begins to shake is not still, what is due?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #103 on: December 16, 2016, 12:14:41 pm »
See answer just above and this page:
https://librepilot.atlassian.net/wiki/display/LPDOC/INS13+-+GPS+Navigation

You need a Mag without alarms while motors are running.

« Reply #104 on: December 16, 2016, 08:09:39 pm »
A little bit not level (5 degrees maybe) and a little bit of shake (2 degrees maybe) is normal.