Re: Revo not arming in mode that depends on GPS
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2016, 05:38:21 pm »
When both GPS and Mag are green, you will see Atti and Stab become green.  That is the signal that it is ready to arm.  GPS leaves a red line trail (including maybe some long jumps) but only when it is armed or ready to arm.  You don't see the trail because Atti/Stab are not green and they are not green because GPS and mag are not green...

When GPS is green or working, you can right click on map and say UAV -> go to UAV and map will center on current GPS location.  Then just zoom in.  That is the best way to see where you are.  I suggest you play with right click on GPS map.  There are a lot of things there.  One thing you might like is enable diagnostics (I forget exact name).  It makes a green trail even if red trail is not available.

Does GPS go green?  If so it is connected correctly.  OP GPSv9 is good.  New (unreleased) firmware fixes a tiny issue that was not even found until recently.  Even better, GPSv9 has a mag.  If you put it up on a pole, it gets the mag far away from motor wires.  You must calibrate mags with GPSv9 connected and powered (flight battery) and then you must go System -> Settings -> AuxMagSettings and change Usage to OnBoardOnly to avoid the mag on the main board.  It is very much best to calibrate mags using RF telemetry and outdoors away from big metal and off the ground.  One bad thing is that it is always gathering data during the whole calibration, not just during "press and wait".  So you must NOT set it down or on metal etc at any time during mag calibration.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 01:32:59 am by TheOtherCliff »

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2016, 05:40:12 pm »
GPS does not work very well indoors.  You may not be able to get green GPS indoors.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 01:33:16 am by TheOtherCliff »

TMGsi

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2016, 05:58:07 pm »
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 01:33:32 am by TheOtherCliff »

hwh

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2016, 06:47:48 pm »
That's not the OP GPS that Cliff was referring to, it has no external mag.  It's just a tiny, minimal gps that the Chinese call OP_GPS because they put the proper connector on it to plug it into a cc3d or revo.  The one Cliff was talking about isn't made anymore.

If you want to run GPS modes you'll need a GPS with a mag in it and it will have to be mounted on a pole.  Something like this one mounted above the quad on a pole.  http://www.banggood.com/Ublox-M8N-GPS-Compatible-with-DJI-NAZA-Lite-V1-V2-Flight-Controller-Phantom-1-2-Vision-p-991718.html?cur_warehouse=CN

Everything else Cliff was saying applies to this GPS too.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 01:33:48 am by TheOtherCliff »

TMGsi

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2016, 10:22:47 pm »
Hello Hwh

This Gps you spent the link is compatible with Revo?

My Gps (Op GPS mini) will not be able to fly in GPS mode (VelocityRoam) ?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 01:34:00 am by TheOtherCliff »

hwh

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2016, 10:40:41 pm »
Yes it is.

The one you have works as a gps but doesn't have a mag chip in it.  In most quads the mag chip on the revo board is too close to the magnetic field created by the power wires and motors to work properly.  All the gps modes require not only a working gps but a good, green mag.   On all but the really big quads that means an external mag on a mast to get it above the interference created by the power wires and motors.

You can either get a gps with a mag in it like the link I posted or add just an external mag on a mast.  https://forum.librepilot.org/index.php?topic=1610.0 shows a picture of one of the mag only boards that someone mounted inside a larger gps than the one you have.  The downside of the mag only board is that it takes another port on the flight controller so the gps and mag use both ports.  The gps I posted a link to uses only one port for both the gps and the mag together.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 01:34:13 am by TheOtherCliff »

TMGsi

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2016, 10:57:27 pm »
Ok, thank you for the information.

Again thank you Hwh

and

thank you TheOtherCliff

« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 01:34:25 am by TheOtherCliff »

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2016, 01:53:43 am »
The current release (15.09) does not yet support these "aux I2C mags" that are built into the inexpensive PixHawk GPS units sold for instance on eBay.  The next release (really soon now :) ) has support for them, or if you can build your own code, just build and fly 'next' (standard cautions about it being pre-release and less tested than a release).

This imminent release also has support for DJI/Naza GPS/mag which is nice like OP GPSv9 because it has GPS and mag, and only needs one port to support both.  Sometimes you can find them new on eBay for $80 or so.  FPV people often need the extra port and want to have both GPS and mag on the same port.  There are some really bad (dropped packets) clone DJI/Naza GPS for sale on eBay for about $25 or so last I looked.  They work, but mine locks up (just stops sending data for no reason) maybe once every 24 hours of operation.  I have flown it about 5 times with no problem.  As long as you are not doing waypoint flight, you can just take control back if it locks up.  There are several versions and the later versions may have the worst problems fixed.

I personally have all these kinds of GPS/mag units and fly them all with the soon to be released code.  :)

Also, this coming release has support for TauLabs Sparky2 flight controller.  It does not do PWM, but is nice in that it has an extra I2C only port that works with _some_ external mag units.  It also does S.Bus on the standard receiver connection and so it leaves MainPort free if you need S.Bus RC protocol.

TMGsi

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2016, 01:50:43 pm »
Hello Hwh

The Gps you post link banggood (in reply #20), I'll have to cut the conector and replace the connector revo? Would it be this? It's simple?

Thank you.

hwh

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2016, 05:24:18 pm »
Yes you would.

Because the connectors are so tiny and hard to attach most people (even most developers) order short 100mm cables with the connectors already attached and splice them on.  http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-SETS-Mini-Micro-SH-1-0-4-Pin-JST-Connector-with-Wires-Cables-100MM-/251979895512?hash=item3aab2c12d8:g:U3AAAOSwpdpVbHGL is one of the eBay auctions for the proper one.  They're JST brand type SH connectors with 4 pins.   I think I've ordered them on AliExpress too.  Most of the cc3d and revo FC come with one or two cables that can be used.

TMGsi

« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2016, 06:13:11 pm »
Yes. I have a 4 stored cables. They are cc3d and Revolution.

So, with this GPS I can fly VelocityRoam? it wil work?

other question,
This GPS has a magnetometer and a single cable to connect the revo. Ok?

hwh

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2016, 07:09:39 pm »
All the Naza clone ones only use one cable for both the GPS and Mag.  Mounted on a pole it should make the GPS modes usable.

TMGsi

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2016, 10:57:54 pm »
Hello Hwh.

Came my GPS (ublos M8N for Naza)
Now I am in doubt as I can solder the wires and make the connection to the CC3D.  And also I have kept the wire that connects the CC3d,
How is the order wires to solder them?

Thank you.

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2016, 11:15:27 pm »
You can follow the connection diagram provided while doing Wizard steps.

TMGsi

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2016, 11:20:33 pm »
Thank you very much.
I will try here.