Z33

Flips and Rolls
« on: October 11, 2015, 02:22:54 am »
Hi guys,

Trying to get clarity and better settings for this.

Currently I fly rate mode for just normal flying and FPV. My rate mode is set at 200 with some expo thrown in for pitch and roll. Obviously this setting is to slow for flipping and rolling currently.

1. I set another bank up for Acro+ when I feel like doing acrobatics. How I understand it is that I only need to adjust the Acro factor to do what I want? (No need to play with the other parameters). I do flips and rolls successfully but I find the it takes a larger arc when flipping or rolling then I would like, hence I need to a little more height. I would like to attempt tighter rolls and flips, what parameters do I need to adjust in GCS?

2. Also, how do I set up my normal rate mode if I want it to be able to flips and rolls as well? Or is it better to keep acrobatics for Acro +?

TIA!

Cheers,
Z

Re: Flips and Rolls
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2015, 04:18:01 am »
You can use higher than 200 for your rate mode, but use expo in GCS to tone it down except when you bang the stick all the way over.  Or, less recommended, use dual rate or expo in the transmitter.

You can use 200 for your rate mode rate number, but Acro+ allows you to go faster than the number you set.  Just adjust "acro+ insanity factor" higher.

As I understand.  I haven't actually used Acro+  :)

mazevx

• Still Learning ...everday
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2015, 09:08:15 am »
I think virtual flybar mode is what you need. Im My understanding acro+ is acro turning to manual. And virtual flybar is what allows the most sick acrobatik flying...

Z33

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2015, 12:05:26 pm »
Virtual flybar? I haven't heard about this mode...

mazevx

• Still Learning ...everday
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2015, 06:18:59 pm »
Sorry that reply takes so long...working on a special projekt...
I found something for you!

VirtualBar

(available for roll,pitch,yaw)

Method: Simulates the physics of a helicopter flybar paddle and emulates its behavior.

Effect: Flies like a helicopter with flybar

A user from german fpv community forum created its own private wiki from some older files...

ggrif

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2015, 05:31:07 pm »
Just started flying Acro+. Scary stuff but amazing!  Exploded my test frame with too high settings!

Hope it's ok to post a link to the DarkSide. https://forums.openpilot.org/topic/51796-are-you-ready-for-the-new-acro/

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2015, 05:50:49 pm »
The problem with OP forum links is that many people here have been "silently banned" from OP forum and cannot view them.  Their OP username may still exist, but they cannot log in to the OP forum.  The ban even includes the internet IP address of the user, so that the user cannot even browse the forum anonymously.

OP / OPNG (*) has gone as far as even modifying the user's identity on OP, and the user is powerless to do anything about it.  The user cannot even delete the account.  The EU and others have laws for this.  OP / OPNG risks being blocked at these locations.

You can get banned on OP by simply discussing the existence of LP.  If you don't believe this, post a request that all the banned people on OP be either marked as banned or deleted.  You will be silent banned.  If they read this, they may not ban you immediately.

OP / OPNG has not responded to requests to simply delete these accounts or marked the users as banned (as has been done before, e.g. the TauLabs fork).

(*) I use the term OP to refer to the web site, but the same people control both OP and OPNG web sites, so when referring to the controlling parties I use the term OP / OPNG.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 06:39:15 pm by TheOtherCliff »

ggrif

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2015, 02:35:07 am »
What a mess. I am aware a lot of the gents here at LP have been silently banned. I think it's unfortunate and certainly don't understand it but, such is life, we all move on.

I can't help but feel embarrassed to still participate "over there" but the forums are a wealth of data. It's where I learned 99% of what I know about RC in general and multi rotors in particular.

Be that as it may, I will refrain from posting links to OP in future.

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2015, 06:01:41 am »
Sorry.  I got a little wordy there.  :)  You are absolutely welcome to participate in both places!

You are welcome to post links to OP forum.  If you want everyone to be able to read them you might supplement the link with a screen capture, etc.  :)