the actuator module is in an error state"
« on: October 05, 2016, 08:19:06 pm »
Well hello everyone, great group tried looking to see if anyone has had my problem but no joy! just after a little advice i have a eachine racer 250, I am using LibrePilot and have moved from BL v3 to v4 and upgraded the firmware. The issue i am having now after re-inputing all the settings on the input tab, is I am now getting "the actuator module is in an error state" on the output tab and i am unable to move the sliders or test outputs.

On a side note i am no longer getting the beep sequence when i connect the battery to the drone, but i can connect my I6 to change the rear LED lights etc but cannot arm (tried always disarmed etc..)

just after one of you experts to point me in the right direction! although i have loved trying to figure it out myself and learnt loads but i have hit a brick wall now.

i have also attached an image of what it says on the outputs in firmware tab. Thanks to anyone who does reply!

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: the actuator module is in an error state"
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2016, 09:17:24 pm »
Hi,

If the Output module is in error, that normal the Esc do not beep. (no output)

Please post your config file: File  > Export UAV settings

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2016, 10:11:51 pm »
Hi F5soh,

Thanks for the reply.

i have posted the UAV config.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 10:39:28 pm by Robboneal »

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2016, 11:40:55 pm »
The output module error looks normal, there is no output defined in Vehicle tab.

Set the outputs in Vehicle tab and adjust all outputs in Output tab for min/max/neutral and banks used for motors to PWM-490Hz.

Or follow the vehicle wizard ?

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2016, 08:40:25 pm »
Thanks F5soh (you legend!)

I have now got the start up beeps but i have hit another problem with not being able to live test, I have even tried set arming to "always armed" and still cannot get the props to spin when the drone is disconnected from Librepilot.

Would you mind looking over the images i have attached to make sure i have set it up correctly?

Thanks F5soh really appreciate your help!

« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 08:43:31 pm by Robboneal »

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2016, 09:18:07 pm »
Do the board arms ? Check the arming settings in Input > Arming Settings tab.
Check the SystemHealth for errors, if any.

Something special that need a 4,3,2,1 order for motors ?
Look at motors names in Output tab. NW, NE, etc..
Did you calibrate the Escs ?

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2016, 10:19:09 pm »
The arming settings are set to Yaw right & timeout 30 i did change them because it was set to always disarmed when i first connected to Librepilot.

I have got an input warning, either the system is in failsafe mode or failed to update one or more accessory channels, i have checked in the RX setup but all the channels are set to off on the failsafe setting.

Haha nothing special with the motor order i might have read an incorrect guide judging by your response :-\ i have now set these 1(NE),2 (NW),3 (SW),4(SE) order(hope this is correct). Easy when you know where to look.

I have just calibrated the Escs, and managed to get each motor to spin and all calibrated succesfully :) .

Unfortunately i am still unable to arm after connecting the battery and it going through the normal start-up beep process. :(

On a positive note, this is helping me learn!

Thanks F5soh!

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2016, 12:36:17 am »
Just to let you know F5soh i figured it out, all working!!!!

I ended up going through the transmitter setup wizard and it all worked after that!

Thanks for your help getting to that point though!

:D :D :D :D