FC forgets Flexi and Main port settings
« on: June 01, 2016, 12:41:26 pm »
I'm using a UBlox M7 GPS unit, with external mag to provide some GPS flight modes to my OP Revo.

When I plug the main battery into the FC, the ESC's beep, but the board won't arm. When I plug the board into USB I find that the flex and main port settings seem to have reverted to 'Disabled', which obviously stops the board arming because the GPS Flight modes result in a config error.

After some fiddling about (generally involving setting Flexi to I2C and Main Port to GPS, then power cycling twice), I can get the board to boot with both ports enabled, and everything works fine and I can fly. However when I change the battery, I have the same issue - the board will have forgotten the port settings again.

I am using next firmware and Librepilot in order to use the external mag through I2C. I appreciate this is a development release, but I haven't seen anyone else reporting this issue, so thought I would ask.

Any ideas? Please let me know if you need any more info.

Re: FC forgets Flexi and Main port settings
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2016, 01:32:39 pm »
Any suggestions?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2016, 01:54:01 pm »
Usually when settings revert to defaults, this is due to the board that cannot boot using your settings.

You maybe noticied the boot time is increased in this case.

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2016, 05:39:53 pm »
That would make sense - There is a longer delay now for the ESC's to beep and initialise. Is there a boot log that I can see what is causing the boot issue?

f5soh

• LibrePilot
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2016, 06:06:20 pm »
No boot log, sorry.

Maybe the issue is related to https://librepilot.atlassian.net/browse/LP-328

Pull request is freshly merged to next so you can do a 'git pull', rebuild and give a try.