Newbie -- confused about flight mode/bank/channel settings
« on: April 13, 2018, 11:52:52 pm »
Specifically, the update rate values. This pertains only to heli setup, not quad setup:

I've assigned my input/output settings to use the standard Hitec/Futaba channel sequence:
1 = Roll
2 = Pitch
3 = Throttle
4 = Yaw
etc., etc...

...but, since the bank/channel area of Flight Mode settings says that channels 1-3 are all in the same Bank, I end up with 2 servos and 1 ESC grouped together.  The servos can handle high refresh rates, but not all ESCs can handle anything above 50 Hz. My ESC (Hobbywing Platinum 50) is a heli-oriented ESC and may not be at its best above 50 Hz, but if I choose 50 Hz, then the servos (digital) won't be as smooth or precise, and the 3rd servo will have a different update rate.  How do I get around this?

Thanks for listening...

f5soh

• LibrePilot
Re: Newbie -- confused about flight mode/bank/channel settings
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2018, 12:50:47 am »
output settings to use the standard Hitec/Futaba channel sequence
Bank settings for outputs are set in Output tab and related to the output rates. (look color between channel output and bank)
You should use the output channel 4 for motor, and set his bank to 50Hz.
Next you are able to set others outputs (servos) to the refresh rate you want, according to the bank they use.

Bank setting in Input/Flightmode tab is related to the stabilization bank[1,2,3] used, this mean PID and other stabilization settings (found in Stabilization tab) for the flightmode you setup.

Bank settings (output rates) for outputs is not the same as Bank setting (stabilization settings to use) in Input/Flightmode tab

mr_w

• LibrePilot
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2018, 10:24:39 am »
It is also worth noting that input channel numbers are unrelated to output channel numbers.

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 09:16:36 pm »
   Well, this turned out to be a non-issue.  The ESC I'm using is reported to be able to handle input rates up to 432 Hz.  I'm just waiting for confirmation from HobbyWing.